NBA 2024 NBA Postseason

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
OUCH

Tatum currently has the worst shooting percentage of any player in the finals since the stat was started being recorded by basketball reference

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel that people are ready to discredit the Celtics for this “easy” path to the title. I mean, you can only beat what’s in front of you.
I feel like everyone has been getting discredited since the Warriors/Cavs odyssey.

Raptors won because Durant got hurt
Lakers were the bubble
Bucks because the Nets couldn’t put their team together
Warriors because the Suns burned out I guess
Nuggets didn’t play anyone
Celtics/Mavs didn’t play anyone, or the teams they played weren’t ready

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
you can point out that the celtics had one of the easiest finals paths in recent memory without discrediting them. the best player they faced for a full series through the first 3 rounds was bam adebayo

their luck with opponent injuries doesn't change that they're a very good team who very likely would've still made the finals anyways

a team like the pacers, on the other hand, only made it as far as they did because of injuries to their opponents. they would've been eliminated by the bucks if they were at full health

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
you can point out that the celtics had one of the easiest finals paths in recent memory without discrediting them. the best player they faced for a full series through the first 3 rounds was bam adebayo

their luck with opponent injuries doesn't change that they're a very good team who very likely would've still made the finals anyways

a team like the pacers, on the other hand, only made it as far as they did because of injuries to their opponents. they would've been eliminated by the bucks if they were at full health
On the other hand, if they go 16-2 or 16-3, wouldn't that shine above the easier path? It was easy and they made it seem so.

If the Celtics somehow lose this, it'll be up there with the 2007 Patriots season as the biggest disappointment I've seen. But if they win? And win 'easy'? Seems pretty good.

Plus it's been 5 years since Boston has won a championship. We're due.

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight and MMC
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I feel like everyone has been getting discredited since the Warriors/Cavs odyssey.

Raptors won because Durant got hurt
Lakers were the bubble
Bucks because the Nets couldn’t put their team together
Warriors because the Suns burned out I guess
Nuggets didn’t play anyone
Celtics/Mavs didn’t play anyone, or the teams they played weren’t ready
Only the Mavs and the Spurs were the asterisk-free champions since the 2010s. Everyone else got less credit than they should’ve. Fans are just stupid and toxic.

Reactions: GKJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Kyrie just being Kyrie. :laugh:

from sports.yahoo.com:

Kyrie Irving just can't help himself.

The Dallas Mavericks star has insisted he's grown since stomping on the Boston Celtics' logo and flipping off TD Garden fans in previous playoff meetings against his former team, and that he's more focused on playing basketball than going back-and-forth with a hostile crowd.

But there Irving was goading the Garden crowd amid a "Kyrie sucks!" chant in the first half, and getting the last word in to Celtics fans as he walked off the court following Dallas' 105-98 loss in Game 2 on Sunday that dropped the Mavs into a 2-0 series hole.

"See you for (Game) 5," Irving appeared to tell the crowd while holding up five fingers, suggesting that his team will win at least one of its next two games in Dallas to avoid the series sweep and set up a Game 5 back at TD Garden next Monday.

The eight-time All-Star has been abysmal offensively through two games, averaging just 14 points (12 in Game 1 and 16 in Game 2) on 13 of 37 shooting. He's 0 for 8 from 3-point range in the series and is a minus-22 in 78 minutes of action.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Z2lm.gif

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mavs fans have to be thinking they are about to be paid back for their 2006 Game 3 NBA Finals collapse when Wade went wild and that completely flipped that series...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
mavs are the weakest team to come out of the west in recent memory

minny once again handed boston a title like they did in 07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad