Prospect Info: 2024 June - Who is Detroit's #1 prospect?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2024 June - Who is Detroit's #12 prospect?

• RW - Michael Brandsegg-Nygård

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • C - Marco Kasper

• C - Nate Danielson

Votes: 49 57.6%
  • RD - Axel Sandin-Pellikka

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • G - Sebastian Cossa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Okay.

Now let's start this again.

I'll do this by adding Top4 guys from the latest rank + Brandsegg-Nygård.

After one wins, the next round will work as adding the next best on the candidates.

Tomorrow we have also rest of the 2024 draftees, to add on mix.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Presumably Edvinsson's absence is because he's considered graduated.

I voted ASP actually because I think his season was a step above Danielson's. They're neck and neck for me though.

I'm going to have a really hard time slotting Kasper and MBN. I liked Kasper more at the time of their drafts and Kasper has had solid but somewhat disappointing development since. He's older with a lot more certainty, but that certainty almost hurts him as I see less boom potential. I think I'm leaning MBN, but I also maybe expect that to have changed by the end of Kasper's preseason.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Most prospects never make it. And most of the ones who make it will have a low impact on team success. Therefore, these lists tend to get very academic in ranking players who will never be Red Wings in real life. In reality, it's more accurate to list them in these categories:

High chance of making a long term impact
Danielson
Sandin-Pellikka
Brandsegg-Nygård

High chance of making the team at some point
Albert Johansson (will make the team this fall, but might be just a 7D)
Wallinder(will get the chance, but might be a bust)
Marco Kasper (will get the chance, but might be a bust)
Cossa (will get the chance, but might be a bust, like all goalies)
Augustine (will get the chance, but might be a bust, like all goalies)

Will probably never make the team on a regular basis
Söderblom (plays extremely soft and passive for a guy that size)
Buchelnikov (stuck in Russia)
Mazur (see Mitch Callahan)
Ryschlovsky (see Ilari Filppula)
Lombardi (see Taro Hirose)
Tuomisto, Viro, McIsaac, Hanas, Gettinger, Finnie (Nah)

Guys drafted this year = IDK
The finn traded from NAS = IDK

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Danielson has everything to be our #1 prospect, but is he the one. Put him in NHL tomorrow and he will struggle. Kasper and MBN are NHL ready, can any of them be first line upside? New 20 year old guy or Buchelnikov or Plante could be something special. We don't know yet. But I know , you could play MBN tomorrow in NHL , so he's my choice

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Danielson has everything to be our #1 prospect, but is he the one. Put him in NHL tomorrow and he will struggle. Kasper and MBN are NHL ready, can any of them be first line upside? New 20 year old guy or Buchelnikov or Plante could be something special. We don't know yet. But I know , you could play MBN tomorrow in NHL , so he's my choice
They will all be top 9 forwards max. I don't see any of them being stars unfortunately.

Reactions: lilidk

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

MBN wasn't even in the top Swedish league this year and you think he's ready to slot into the NHL tomorrow?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad