GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Any interest in Tarasenko on a short term deal? I was surprised to read he actually had 23 goals 50+ points in 76 games for Ottawa/Florida. What impressed me about him in the playoffs was his improved defense.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I would have much preferred Duclair over Noesen. I'm very skeptical of Cotter.

But I'm generally ok with the defense additions. Goaltending should be better.

So far I'm only neutral on the off-season. We didn't really address what I think the biggest gap, the entire bottom 6, sufficiently. And the biggest difference next year is going to be the health of Jack, Dougie, Nico, Meier, Siegs, etc. and not the signings that were made today, and not Markstrom. At least IMO.

Reactions: Hisch13r

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
I don't think the Devils can be done here. They have a hole at a top-6 wing and if they don't fill it it'll be a miss. Still a great offseason, but a "great, but..." offseason.

Still plenty of time to address that.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I don't think the Devils can be done here. They have a hole at a top-6 wing and if they don't fill it it'll be a miss. Still a great offseason, but a "great, but..." offseason.

Fitz isn't done yet .. he'll add a vet on a prove it type contract, or make a deal for another top 6 F.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024

No money

Palat and Mercer will be in the top-6, and itll likely be Palat's best season here

I would have much preferred Duclair over Noesen. I'm very skeptical of Cotter.

But I'm generally ok with the defense additions. Goaltending should be better.

So far I'm only neutral on the off-season. We didn't really address what I think the biggest gap, the entire bottom 6, sufficiently. And the biggest difference next year is going to be the health of Jack, Dougie, Nico, Meier, Siegs, etc. and not the signings that were made today, and not Markstrom. At least IMO.
Adding two bottom-6 players doesnt help the bottom-6?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Duclait got a 4 year deal? WUT?

That's gotta be the longest contract he's ever gotten. Seems like he's been getting 1 and 2 year deals his entire career. Or maybe it just feels like that because he keeps ending up on a different team every 1-2 years.

Still, I'm pretty sure he's never gotten a 4 year deal.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
No money

Palat and Mercer will be in the top-6, and itll likely be Palat's best season here

Adding two bottom-6 players doesnt help the bottom-6?

I'm very skeptical of Cotter and not a big fan of Noesen. I don't think the bottom 6 will be a ton different from an impact standpoint. But we will see I guess.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Duclait got a 4 year deal? WUT?

That's gotta be the longest contract he's ever gotten. Seems like he's been getting 1 and 2 year deals his entire career. Or maybe it just feels like that because he keeps ending up on a different team every 1-2 years.

Still, I'm pretty sure he's never gotten a 4 year deal.
You'd be correct. Only a max of three.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Where is mercer extension

maybe fitz is trying to make a trade
It won't be until sometime in August if I had to guess. At the earliest. Maybe even September.

The last few guys in this position went quite a while into the offseason before they were signed by us. Bratt is probably the most recent in 2021. Severson's last RFA signing came late in the 2017 offseason, Henrique's came later in the 2013 offseason I think.

The only one to miss any of camp was Bratt in 2021, but he did sign quite a few days before the first game of the season, though he couldn't come over for 2 weeks (or whatever it was) because of the then-covid international quarantine protocols.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
1719861641895.png

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Plenty money. $6.75 right now. Moving on from Bastian gives them an additional 1.35. So 8.1m available. Capfriendly is also currently counting DeSimone and Kovacevik as both on the roster; so free up an additional .775. Call it ~8.9m available.

If Mercer is going to cost ~4m on a short term bridge deal, that's ~5ish they can easily use on another top-6 winger.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'd still like 1 more forward, but we don't have much money to work with. I'd prefer trading for Colton, but there's a few names out there I wouldn't mind for the bottom 6. I'd love Henrique, but I think he's out of our price range. I actually wouldn't mind Wennberg in the 3M range for a 3C.

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad