Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

The best part about Oscar being asked to help Norris for the drivers championship is that Oscar is closer to Norris, than Norris is to Verstappen.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I got myself tickets for the 2025 Italian GP and I'm now thinking if I should go all out and go to the Dutch GP the previous week too. You know, you only live once and all that stuff.
We may go to the Dutch GP if we can work out the logistics for our kids to be available on that weekend. I’m not sure the wife will want to go to a race if it’s just the two of us.

Reactions: JoVel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We may go to the Dutch GP if we can work out the logistics for our kids to be available on that weekend. I’m not sure the wife will want to go to a race if it’s just the two of us.
From everything I've read the Dutch GP sounds incredibly well organized when it comes to F1 races, even though it's quite a new event. Which probably makes sense since the entire Netherlands runs on bicycles and public transport.

Reactions: My3Sons and DaveG

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
From everything I've read the Dutch GP sounds incredibly well organized when it comes to F1 races, even though it's quite a new event. Which probably makes sense since the entire Netherlands runs on bicycles and public transport.
We traveled to Nice in 2023 that overlapped with the Monaco race and then we were in Barcelona this year and it overlapped with the Spanish GP. Neither trip was planned around the races. We ended up going to both and really enjoyed them. Spain was a bit of an effort to get to the track but it sounds like the Amsterdam venue is relatively easy to reach. I'd really enjoy going to another race. They are fun events to add to a trip.

Reactions: JoVel

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

1726156525537.png

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Max is back baby and Norris is gonna struggle.

1726268689844.png

Oh...that can't be right.

1726268780055.png

Oh.....oh no

(I am aware this is F2)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't know if there's a single poster on this board who will understand what I mean by this, but that seemed like one of those incidents in the F1 games some years back, where your cars just get glued when you're too close together because of the shitty netcode in those games. I can't say either driver was doing anything crazy there.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Seven races to go and Piastri in much better form at McLaren over the last seven, Norris may need his position as #1 even just to stay ahead of his teammate still.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not to take anything away from Colapinto, but I have a feeling Albon is about to be awfully exposed next year with Sainz next to him.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Not to take anything away from Colapinto, but I have a feeling Albon is about to be awfully exposed next year with Sainz next to him.

Probably, but I think Albon has performed well with the Williams car. Next season they’ve been talking about it being the season where Williams car is supposed to take a step forward, so we’ll see. Colapinto already with 4 points says more about Logan Sargeant than anything.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't know if there's a single poster on this board who will understand what I mean by this, but that seemed like one of those incidents in the F1 games some years back, where your cars just get glued when you're too close together because of the shitty netcode in those games. I can't say either driver was doing anything crazy there.
Project Cars 1 type physics.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Probably, but I think Albon has performed well with the Williams car. Next season they’ve been talking about it being the season where Williams car is supposed to take a step forward, so we’ll see. Colapinto already with 4 points says more about Logan Sargeant than anything.
I don't think Albon is a bad driver, but I think it's fair to point out that ever since he got trashed by Verstappen his accolades include beating Latifi and Sargeant. Sainz I would rank as being on the verge of a top 5 driver on the grid, and I think Albon will have a lot of trouble keeping up.

The whole Colapinto thing just has me confused about all the junior categories. My take of him not being any better than Sargeant is aging awfully in just a couple of weeks. But I do stand by saying that there wasn't much suggest that he should've been an improvement. Perhaps the step up to Formula 1 is just that big that it doesn't go one to one with junior series success. I mean, that was always the case, but to an even bigger extent than I thought.

For more hot takes, I think it's entirely possible that this is/was THE season for Norris to win the title, because Piastri is incredibly impressive right now and I could easily see him being the better McLaren driver starting next season.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad