Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Red Bull has stated they aren't as competitive as they were the dominate F1 Team.... just as Mercedes is..... McLaren has passed them upgrades or not
It's been a bit transitory lately it seems. Mercedes were rolling for a few races before falling off this past weekend. Ferrari started the season well for falling off themselves. McLaren has really found another level of race pace lately although something was off with Piastri. You'd think in the car that could open up a nearly 23 second lead with a bad start that Piastri could have passed LeClerc but it was not meant to be for some reason. At least the races are open as I don't think Norris is quite the dominant driver that Verstappen is and I don't expect him to run the table in the remaining races even if he wins another two or three.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Niels Koolen was just signed at AIX in F2 in replacement of Taylor Barnard (gone to FE) and I think Ragunathan would beat him by 1.5 seconds on Red Bull Ring.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Niels Koolen was just signed at AIX in F2 in replacement of Taylor Barnard (gone to FE) and I think Ragunathan would beat him by 1.5 seconds on Red Bull Ring.
Apparently this guy is the son of the founder of booking.com, according to two or three random Twitter users.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Italian GP Qualification results----Norris on pole;

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
also reports that Santander Bank is ending their sponsorship agreement w/ Scuderia Ferrari at the conclusion of the 2024 F1 Season; unknown if this is a consequence of the driver change to Hamilton from Sainz

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
also reports that Santander Bank is ending their sponsorship agreement w/ Scuderia Ferrari at the conclusion of the 2024 F1 Season; unknown if this is a consequence of the driver change to Hamilton from Sainz
Good chance there is a connection there. Senior Sainz is a very, very connected man.

Should be a fascinating Monza today.

Reactions: DaveG

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Fornaroli clinches the F3 title with an absolute divebomb into Parabolica in the final lap, final corner of the season. Unreal. Interlagos 2008 has nothing on this. :laugh:

Reactions: PanniniClaus

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Fornaroli clinches the F3 title with an absolute divebomb into Parabolica in the final lap, final corner of the season. Unreal. Interlagos 2008 has nothing on this. :laugh:
That was a legitimately crazy fun race with crazy fun finish.

It's one thing to win a championship on a divebomb, it's another to win on a divebomb into Parabolica.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I've said it many times already, but Norris is way too soft for someone who's supposed to be fighting for the title. To have started on pole seven times in your career, and lead zero times after lap one is quite impressive. That guy has immense talent but just lacks the killer instinct in my mind.

Colapinto's debut was by all means very solid, but then again Monza is probably the easiest track for a new driver. Nyck de Vries' memory is still very fresh. Let's see how he does in Baku, which will be one of the more driver dependent tracks.

Also Bearman most likely in for Magnussen who reaches 12 penalty points.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Oh, and good thing this happened, because Mini has been disqualified due to a technical infringement.

Reactions: JoVel

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The way they're trending over this season, Red Bull is more likely to have Pérez than Verstappen as their number one driver in 2026.

Reactions: My3Sons

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He's known to have performance (and other) clauses in his contract, if Red Bull isn't competitive going forward he'll find a way out.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I got myself tickets for the 2025 Italian GP and I'm now thinking if I should go all out and go to the Dutch GP the previous week too. You know, you only live once and all that stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad