Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Jack Doohan isn't the most exciting talent in the world, but I'm not going to complain that for once a young driver gets a chance instead of teams always recycling the same average drivers. My biggest pet peeve in this sport is how meaningless the junior series actually are unless you're a top 1% talent. Liam Lawson, a guy who a grand total of zero feature races in two seasons, is seen as one of the biggest talents out there just because he did fine in a few F1 races. I think it's insane that even Red Bull seems to prioritize him higher than Hadjar.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Jack Doohan isn't the most exciting talent in the world, but I'm not going to complain that for once a young driver gets a chance instead of teams always recycling the same average drivers. My biggest pet peeve in this sport is how meaningless the junior series actually are unless you're a top 1% talent. Liam Lawson, a guy who a grand total of zero feature races in two seasons, is seen as one of the biggest talents out there just because he did fine in a few F1 races. I think it's insane that even Red Bull seems to prioritize him higher than Hadjar.
On the other hand four of the current drivers (Verstappen, Stroll, Norris, Bearman) entered the competition younger than anyone before them. With Lawson RB's options are either to give him a seat now or let him walk, whereas with Hadjar they can wait another year still.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
On the other hand four of the current drivers (Verstappen, Stroll, Norris, Bearman) entered the competition younger than anyone before them. With Lawson RB's options are either to give him a seat now or let him walk, whereas with Hadjar they can wait another year still.
I don't see Lawson as someone RB should lose any sleep over if they let him walk.

Funny enough, I don't think anyone would've even considered Bearman for an F1 seat either if not for Sainz's appendicitis. It's almost gone under radar how poor of a season he's had because Prema has been woeful at times. It's strange because I held him in a really high regard before this season, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's just having a poor season, rather than being "found out". Maybe Antonelli is just that good.

Fun fact, Bearman has scored less points in this F2 season than Maloney did in the season opener in Bahrain.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So how does Ferrari suddenly become fast while Mercedes became slow? I'm guessing both teams were surprised which suggests something a bit odd happened. Like Piastri not being able to pass LeClerc when Norris was able to blow by Verstappen. A bit off an odd race.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
only issues leading up to Italy are this:

does Sargeant get replaced outright by Ralf Schumacher at Williams;

will Haas F1 be allowed to leave the Netherlands to continue the season as Urakali legal battle ramps up

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
An interesting choice at least, and can't be worse than Sargeant. But after only three podium finishes in F2 he's lucky to get that chance.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I struggle to see that as anything else but Williams realizing they're not going to score points with that second car for the rest of the year anyway, so might as well grab some money from the Argentinians. A very lukewarm prospect jumping in mid season, I don't think there's a reason to believe he should do better than Sargeant. I don't believe Williams has any actual plans for his future.

Reactions: DaveG

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I struggle to see that as anything else but Williams realizing they're not going to score points with that second car for the rest of the year anyway, so might as well grab some money from the Argentinians. A very lukewarm prospect jumping in mid season, I don't think there's a reason to believe he should do better than Sargeant. I don't believe Williams has any actual plans for his future.
If he can keep it off the wall, that is a net positive for Williams.

Reactions: My3Sons

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Ferrari allegedly plans some upgrades to the car for their home race. Coming off last weekend they could be the next threat to red Bull if the upgrades actually work.
it backfired once.... Ferrari is not a threat to Red Bull.... it's McLaren that's now taken to be the team to chase in F1.....

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad