Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Had to watch on delay. Mclaren threw away another chance at a win with horrid pitstops.. Worst on the grid.

Norris is right there. Max was terrific again today.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
NO CHANGES ARE LIKELY IN EFFECT MID SEASON..... if that were true, why isn't Bearman now at Ferrari after that surprise start replacing Sainz..... or why hasn't Hamilton jumped to Ferrari for 2024 rather than stay at Mercedes AMG when that news broke
Because Sainz is under contract, has not been fired and is otherwise a significantly better driver than Bearman?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sainz is one of the best drivers in all of motorsports, for a competitive team it would be insane to replace him with a rookie just because he'll be somewhere else next season. Teams like Haas or Alpine have decidedly different situations.

Reactions: DaveG and MXD

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sainz isn't under contract if he's being replaced by Hamilton in 2025..... LeClerc even talked about that this past weekend
I obviously meant under contract in 2024...

Sainz is one of the best drivers in all of motorsports, for a competitive team it would be insane to replace him with a rookie just because he'll be somewhere else next season. Teams like Haas or Alpine have decidedly different situations.
And also way, way, way different from the possible Ocon/Magnussen situation I alluded to.

Ferrari couldn't get a better driver than Sainz if they fire him today (and Alpine couldn't get a better driver than Ocon either).

Haas and Magnussen? Completely different scenario.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I obviously meant under contract in 2024...

And also way, way, way different from the possible Ocon/Magnussen situation I alluded to.

Ferrari couldn't get a better driver than Sainz if they fire him today (and Alpine couldn't get a better driver than Ocon either).

Haas and Magnussen? Completely different scenario.
rumor is Alpine may be in the running for Sainz, just like Mercedes/Williams potentially was.... nothing is changing unless Alpine has a reserve driver in play if the scenario between Gasly and Ocon isn't capatible

on to Austria we go....

Reactions: PanniniClaus

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
post Spain article:

Alpine update: Mick Schumacher named potential replacement for Esteban Ocon should Carlos Sainz end up at either Mercedes or Williams

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
post Spain article:

Alpine update: Mick Schumacher named potential replacement for Esteban Ocon should Carlos Sainz end up at either Mercedes or Williams
Mick Schumacher isn't any good
This is the most surprising story I've read all year. No one could have seen this coming.

Lancelot is worse

Reactions: DaveG

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Norris' effort in fighting Verstappen was very... Bottas-esque.

... and it has been way too many other times as well.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Here's my biggest takeaway from the sprint race... we need more Davide Valsecchi on the broadcasts. And damn that man has some legendary hair. That hairline could repel an attack from a Roman legion.
Him and Alex Jacques used to be a really fun duo.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Also, Haas will pick up 6th and 8th. Making it tougher for Alpine to climb up. Good.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Norris destroyed his own race, but a Red Bull collapse notwithstanding if he wants to be a World Champion one day he'll inevitably need to keep measuring his balls with Verstappen.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Norris destroyed his own race, but a Red Bull collapse notwithstanding if he wants to be a World Champion one day he'll inevitably need to keep measuring his balls with Verstappen.
I mean, that's his only hope, because he's well behind in the brains and the guts department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad