Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I thought this was quite funny. It shows that either the organizers are incredibly out of touch with how expensive the British GP is to attend to the average fan or (more likely) they finally found how high they can make the ticket prices so that the fans will not bother anymore, and just found Verstappen and Red Bull the easy scapegoats for it.

Reactions: DaveG and J T Money

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Whenever I see someone working in a sports team in an 'advisor' role I think, right you don't really do anything significant. But I can promise you Briatore will get involved in every single thing. He'll be the real team principal in no time regardless of what his role is on paper. :laugh:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Whenever I see someone working in a sports team in an 'advisor' role I think, right you don't really do anything significant. But I can promise you Briatore will get involved in every single thing. He'll be the real team principal in no time regardless of what his role is on paper. :laugh:

Much needed. Bruno the rat Famin should not be leading any team. Stick to engineering

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Driver of the day ridiculously biased against Verstappen once again, hegemonic performance.
I don't think that's something I've paid any attention to since... two or three races since it was introduced.

I hope people will soon start putting pressure on McLaren to actually getting these results, instead of just being happy with them being up there. They've had the car to win like half the races this season.

Reactions: DaveG

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Driver of the day ridiculously biased against Verstappen once again, hegemonic performance.
It's not biased against Verstappen as much as being loaded with the Lando Norris fanbase.

Verstappen, Hamilton and Gasly where rather clearly the best three drivers today (in that order).

Reactions: DaveG

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Probably not, more of a case of at least it's not Famin on his own. Just wonder if Flav will influence Ocon out the door. Quickly.
Well, had Ocon been out for this race, there's no way his replacement is getting the 10th position, and Alpine need to take every possible point.

I kinda hope Ocon gets fired by Alpine, then Haas quickly announce the signing AND replace Magnussen with Ocon ASAP.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Well, had Ocon been out for this race, there's no way his replacement is getting the 10th position, and Alpine need to take every possible point.

I kinda hope Ocon gets fired by Alpine, then Haas quickly announce the signing AND replace Magnussen with Ocon ASAP.
remember there are 2 Haas cars..... Hulkenberg has already stated his intention for 2025

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
remember there are 2 Haas cars..... Hulkenberg has already stated his intention for 2025
Bearman is very obviously driving in the other car AND Hulkenberg is the better Haas driver by quite a margin.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Most pundits have Ocon going to Haas and nearly ALL of them have Bearman going to Haas.

I was just suggesting Haas drop Magnussen for Ocon should Alpine fire Ocon mid-season. In that scenario, Haas keep Hulkenberg because he's significantly better than Magnussen.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Most pundits have Ocon going to Haas and nearly ALL of them have Bearman going to Haas.

I was just suggesting Haas drop Magnussen for Ocon should Alpine fire Ocon mid-season. In that scenario, Haas keep Hulkenberg because he's significantly better than Magnussen.
NO CHANGES ARE LIKELY IN EFFECT MID SEASON..... if that were true, why isn't Bearman now at Ferrari after that surprise start replacing Sainz..... or why hasn't Hamilton jumped to Ferrari for 2024 rather than stay at Mercedes AMG when that news broke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad