Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Been watching F1 a long time..

I cannot recall another qualifying (with everyone low fuel) and next to no weather... that was that close. Amazing qualifying and had the track buzzing.

Mercedes leap into the fray to make a 4 team fight. Ferrari have more pace than they showed but didn't put a fresh set of boots on at the end of Q2.

Aston Martin showed early pace. they will need some strategy to get a top 8

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What an awesome race, one of the best I can remember.

Really fun seeing Haas charge out.
It's a rarity these days when you genuinely can't tell who's the favorite to win.

If I was a Norris/McLaren fan I'd be pretty annoyed at that safety car deployment for the Sargeant crash. It was a very obvious safety car right away but took ages to come out and massively screwed him up.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It's a rarity these days when you genuinely can't tell who's the favorite to win.

If I was a Norris/McLaren fan I'd be pretty annoyed at that safety car deployment for the Sargeant crash. It was a very obvious safety car right away but took ages to come out and massively screwed him up.
Yep - that was a killer. Norris could have been on for a victory.

What a race though. Not at all upset about a Verstappen win as he won it with no better than the second best car and possibly the third best car on the grid. He's just that good.

Perez I believe was in the negatives for passes completed to passes completed on him, before wrecking his machinery.

Ferrari - not much better than Perez.

If you get a chance to go to Montreal.. do it.

PS - the Albon double pass will be a contender for pass of the season. He got Riccardo on the outside and then Ocon on the inside.. a move Ocon didn't see coming at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flukeshot

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The race was decided on the exit to the pit.
The exit was so wet while everything else was drying.

Norris put on new tires and got bogged down for 1 second leaving pit lane. They thought the calculations were right for a pit-stop. But that exit to the pit lane was a damn river.

God that was so close

I will say this was a race that was big for formula 1 and showed some closeness kept you watching till the end.

Loved seeing haas just boss through the field at the start of the race being the only ones with wet tires. Such a bold decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

1 - Red Bull got away way, way too easy for it. If there's an on-track event that should see a team lose WCC points, it's probably this one.

2 - It's worth wondering if Perez will REALLY lose 3 places with that penalty.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

1 - Red Bull got away way, way too easy for it. If there's an on-track event that should see a team lose WCC points, it's probably this one.

2 - It's worth wondering if Perez will REALLY lose 3 places with that penalty.
Checo's contribution to the Red Bull weekend.. smash up his car and stumble back to the pits.

Horner and the crew are smart.. and yes, way too small a penalty.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That looks awful.

Madrid-Track-Map.png
I think that the track looks like Mid-Ohio with buildings.

Reactions: DaveG

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's the same track Top Gear used for a comedy makeshift race during one of their Spanish road trips? Looks like it anyway.

OT: Back-to-back Le Mans wins for Ferrari, their first two since the early 60s before Ford GT40 took over. Only 14 seconds ahead of Toyota after 311 laps. And Toyota's final lap was 5 seconds faster, the closest finish in years.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG and adsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad