Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft LIVE from the CUBE in RENO

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I tend to agree with you, but here are some options. They're mid 2nd round picks with very late 2nd round picks. I don't think Pittsburgh is realistic though.

SEA: 29 for 40 and 63
CGY: 29 for 41 and 62
PIT: 29 for 44 and 46*
STL: 29 for 48 and 56
UTA: 29 for 49 and 65
NAS: 29 for 53 and 55 OR 59

Hmm, I think if Utah or Nashville had a specific player they really wanted in that range then it’s a maybe. I don’t think Dallas can initiate that trade though, would have to be the other teams reaching out to Dallas, Carolina or someone in that range first.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The 25th overall pick that many mock drafts had Beaudoin going to Ottawa with just changed hands to Boston.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah unfortunately sometimes you get attached to prospects that just seem to have a helium supply and keep rising up until draft day.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Stars linked to Beaudoin in this Athletic article

“(Beaudoin’s) will to get things done and will to play the game is second to none. He is a coach’s dream,” Colts coach and GM Marty Williamson said. “They just don’t build players like Cole.”

The Boston Bruins and Dallas Stars, who pick at 25 and 29, respectively, may also be genuinely interested in Beaudoin.

Reactions: LT

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
We traded away Delly.. would be very Stars to draft Dellandrea 2.0
I'm going to argue with you here.

Just because someone has positive intangibles doesn't make them Dellandrea.

A much better comp is actually Jason Dickinson, who, as it turns out, was a success story where he was picked at 29th.

Beaudoin projects to remain as a center into his pro career unlike Dellandrea. He's also not weak/undersized. Dellandrea's combination of small frame and lack of awareness makes him a target.

Reactions: LT

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I'm going to argue with you here.

Just because someone has positive intangibles doesn't make them Dellandrea.

A much better comp is actually Jason Dickinson, who, as it turns out, was a success story where he was picked at 29th.

Beaudoin projects to remain as a center into his pro career unlike Dellandrea. He's also not weak/undersized. Dellandrea's combination of small frame and lack of awareness makes him a target.
Meh. I don’t want another Dickinson either. Dime a dozen. There’s going to be more gifted players available I think.

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
I dont understand moving up before draft stars how the sharks know their player wont be available at 14 but at 11. Or they have 11 players they want so the make sure they get one of them ??

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I dont understand moving up before draft stars how the sharks know their player wont be available at 14 but at 11. Or they have 11 players they want so the make sure they get one of them ??
The working theory is that SJ had intel that Philly or Minnesota were high on Eiserman and they needed to jump those teams if he is indeed their target

Reactions: Dallasman

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
The working theory is that SJ had intel that Philly or Minnesota were high on Eiserman and they needed to jump those teams if he is indeed their target
damn that could be huge though if they can teach him there are 5 players on the ice.
Eiserman-Celebrini-Smith could be nasty Sniper-TwoWay-Playmaker thats perfect line.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Who's the Mav Bourque of this draft? That's what I want a high upside project that may take a few years but has 1st line upside.
Lots of options. Basha, Stiga, Vanacker, Miettinen, Pettersson, Hemming, Ritchie, Parascak, Artamonov, Surin could be available at 29 with 1st/2nd line potential

Reactions: Hull Fan

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Lots of options. Basha, Stiga, Vanacker, Miettinen, Pettersson, Hemming, Ritchie, Parascak, Artamonov, Surin could be available at 29 with 1st/2nd line potential
Well let's hope they go more this route than Dellandrea. Also seems like the ideal draft to trade back if possible. Our 1st + Faska for a high 2nd and a 3rd or 4th would not be the worst possible idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad