Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Both of them are access journalists fundamentally. Each is pushing a narrative for their sources. So it's not a matter of who is actually most right, it's a matter of whose reporting here is least compromised 😂

Or whose source(s) are more confident. Seravalli clearly has connections within the Canucks organization and whoever he gets his information from is very confident.

Friedman has pivoted on Guentzel a lot. What he hears about the Canucks seems to be far more from outside the organization. Either agents or other GMs.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I think Zadorov goes to Tampa and Stamkos re-signs with them as well. Guentzel will be coming here as they'll be offering the right money and the chance to play with Pettersson.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
If Carolina is not going to sign Guentzel they would be wise to trade his rights or do a sign and trade with a Western Conference team to try to keep him away from Tampa who is in their own conference.

Reactions: Flik

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Well, the next 48 hours are going to significant change the direction of the organization, and how it’s going to dictate us for the next few years.

It’s going to be pretty fascinating to see exactly how this unfolds

Reactions: David71

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
All this 11th hour talk about Sam Reinhart...

hawkeye-clint-barton.gif
Him and Guentzel ….. garland be leaving. $9m each. We would have to fill out the roster with minimum contracts !

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Can we just circle back and give zadorov the extra 500K he wants?
Nah, let's give that money and a bit more to get Roy. There is no question about his place in the top 4 d.

Guaranteed, if the moment comes that zadorovs play and position in the depth charts does not match the amount he's paid, the hyenas in this fanbase will be loud and screeching. Always happens in an instant, and it's going to be long term pain as it was with Myers. If zad were to sign here almost guaranteed it will come w at least partial nmc and Ur f***ed.

I liked him and his play in the playoffs, but if you're paying a guy 5+m for 5+ yrs to play 17-19min a game in the reg season, waiting for a switch to turn come playoff time if you make it, well you done f***ed up lol

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Is Marchessault a possibility? Or is he all but locked up with Vegas.

Haven't heard his name much, 33 but think he would be a good stop gap fit for Petey well we wait on Lek.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Is this the craziest period between a draft and July 1st in a while? I can’t remember it being this wild with so much media tampering and guesswork, but maybe it feels like this because we’re involved with some big names and obvious needs
Maybe since the Tavares sweepstakes. Or the Hall/Larsson + Stamkos ver. 1 debacle.

Closest one recently where we were involved was Panarin liking our IG posts.

Reactions: wonton15

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I thought for awhile that Allvin was going to do some serious roster reconstruction heading into July 1st......but now I'm not so sure.

So far, all they've done is bring back most of the pieces they started the season with a year ago. Assuming both Zadorov and Lindholm are gone in a couple of days, then the Canucks will look just about the same as they did in the 2023 training camp.

They'll probably replace DeSmith as the backup goalie with Silovs. Ian Cole will need to be replaced on the blueline. And I expect Podkolzin, Sasson, Bains, Karlsson and maybe Ratty will get long auditions this fall. They'll be looking to replace guys like Lafferty and Mikheyev.

But at this point I'm becoming more convinced that the Canucks value 'cap flexibility' more than anything right now. And while they could kick the tires on some of the big-ticket players on July 1st, for the most part they're going to want far too much money and term.

So at the end of the day it might just be a case of Allvin tinkering with a few budget-priced UFA's who might play in the bottom six; or be depth players in Abbotsford.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Even if the Canucks did, it feels like that bridge is burned unless Zadorov changes agents. Millstein seems ready to sound off on the Canucks.
The statement he’s going to make on Monday is gonna be very fascinating.

I really wonder what direction he’s going to go

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

I doubt he’ll go off and burn the Canucks bridge but I bet he’s furious that Allvin publicly made them sound like the bad guys for not taking a paycut, not being a puzzle piece, and for choosing to go somewhere else. Allvin said it like 3 times in the pre-draft interview lol

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

He can say what he likes. Everyone in this market knows both Kuzmenko and Mikheyev were richly over paid and now he's trying to do the same for Zadarov.

Kudos to Allvin for being done with that shit.

He should be happy the Canucks acquired Zadarov and gave him a real strong showcase for his UFA season. If there's still tension its probably because his client (Zadarov) wants to stay really badly and Milstein's screwing it.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
1719731593020.png

Is this true? I thought the negotiating window was turfed in the last CBA. Puckpedia need to update its page?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Milstein still has Klimovich and Kudryavtsev in Abbotsford. He's not going to make any sort of inflammatory statement. He still needs to maintain a relationship.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I think they'll re-sign Cole for $2.5 million or so and maybe bring in Klingberg or Barrie on a one year cheap deal. The rest of their cap will go to Guentzel and if they don't land him then they'll trade for Ehlers or Laine.
Klingberg is dead and Barrie is on life support.

Both of them are access journalists fundamentally. Each is pushing a narrative for their sources. So it's not a matter of who is actually most right, it's a matter of whose reporting here is least compromised 😂
Seravalli makes a lot of his living playing to the Vancouver and Edmonton fanbases. If Calgary was good right now he'd be doing the same for them.

Heard Jamie Dodd suggest trying to extract Barbashev from Vegas when they inevitably can't keep it in their pants again and make a big splash. Cause they always gotta knife someone in the back.
Barbashev or Buchnevich would be fantastic. Unfortunately Barbashev is a Milstein client... Buchnevich isn't though.

Reactions: LandfiII

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
How about the bumper position on the PP? That too will better ensure his production here.

I think the other factors in Reinhart's favour have a marginal impact. He's the more rounded talent, I like him too, but I'm taking the lazer focused solution over the swiss army knife.
i was texting my friend about the "bumper spot" it hasnt been filled since horvat was traded last year. they tried suter there it failed and didnt bother to try lindholm there either. reinhart would be the perfect match for that spot.

Reactions: Chiripa20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad