3. Calgary ends up with Iginla
4. Silayev falls out of top 10
5. Blues move up into top 10

(Just for fun and BSing. lol)

I'll piggy back of the one that I agree with and add 4 of my own:
1. Blues trade into the top 10
2. Beckett Sennecke goes top 5
3. Brandsegg-Nygaard goes top 10
4. Levshyunov is the last defenseman selected out of him, Silayev, Parekh, Dickinson, Buium
5. Cayden Lindstrom slips out of the top 10

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Right. He just keeps appearing in most recent mock drafts as being picked prior to Calgary's turn.

We know Calgary has scouted him intensively and it's very likely he is somewhere near the top of their list. Bob McKenzie has him at 10 while his consolidated ranking is 9th. Is this a guarantee Calgary will pick him at 9 if he's still available? No, it depends on who else is still on the board. Would it be a surprise if they do pick him? Absolutely not.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It amazes me the amount of busts there are in the nhl draft. It just read that Kostin is the all time leader at pick #31 in points at like 60. How is that even possible?

Reactions: sfvega

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
It amazes me the amount of busts there are in the nhl draft. It just read that Kostin is the all time leader at pick #31 in points at like 60. How is that even possible?
The graphic you saw was for current players only and it specified “first round” which matters for the 31st pick when it’s only been a first rounder for like 8 years.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Listen unless dude's name is Marek Vanacker he isn't out working Jett Luchanko in this class of forwards and even that might be a tossup. You want a super smart slam dunk forward pick? Take the 2 way beast of a right shot center and call it a day 1.

If you're feeling like you really want that dominant physical D then there are really only two choices in my mind, Solberg or Emery. I'd be good with either but I believe Solberg's shoulders aren't going to hold up at the rate he currently seeks to destroy other human beings, something to think about.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
What about Lars Eller and Robby Fabri being the all time leaders at their draft spot too? That’s crazy to me
But it’s not all-time? It’s current players. What year was the oldest player still in the league drafted? Even if every player drafted at a particular draft spot is still in the league, you’re talking 17ish guys.

Both of those guys being the current leader is a bit surprising, but you’re talking about a very small sample of players.

Ellers being the leader at 13 is more surprising because if you’re drafting there, you typically want to hit a little better on that pick, but you still got a productive nhl player that carved out a long career.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
But it’s not all-time? It’s current players. What year was the oldest player still in the league drafted? Even if every player drafted at a particular draft spot is still in the league, you’re talking 17ish guys.

Both of those guys being the current leader is a bit surprising, but you’re talking about a very small sample of players.

Ellers being the leader at 13 is more surprising because if you’re drafting there, you typically want to hit a little better on that pick, but you still got a productive nhl player that carved out a long career.

Oh shit im a dumbf***. Sorry

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The graphic you saw was for current players only and it specified “first round” which matters for the 31st pick when it’s only been a first rounder for like 8 years.

Sort of a weird graphic but also impressive there’s 6 Blues draftees on the list.

The one that sticks out to me is Fabbri. Pick 21 appears to be bad luck or something. Pick 20 and 22 have way more points than him.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
FWIW, 31st overall regardless of being 1st or 2nd round, has been quite poor at producing skaters. Tyler Pitlick leads current players 109pts.
Wow. Thanks for looking that up. And to think that pick used to get peddled around the main boards as “basically a first rounder.” Now it’s “just a late first”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad