Pre-Game Talk: 2024 Draft Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
What time is the draft tonight CST?

Also, I think im happy with Luchenko or Solberg if nobody falls. I don’t necessarily love the idea of picking what Luchenko probably profiles as, but the Blues have extracted so much more out of very similar players over the years.

I think Helenius would be great if he fell. I’m not sure I love the idea of Yakemchuk, but it’s definitely a swing. Don’t love the Hage/Connollys that keep getting mocked around us.
I wouldn’t be opposed if Eiserman or Takemchuk fell. We don’t have a sniper at his level. Both would be good trade bait

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wouldn’t be opposed if Eiserman or Takemchuk fell. We don’t have a sniper at his level. Both would be good trade bait
Yeah, while I'm not that high on him, I'd still be fine with a situation where Eiserman or Snuggerud are both here and one is used to acquire a young defensemen. Just want to be confident that we don't see him as another Wahlstrom.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
It’s my favorite day of the year! (oddly enough, probably my wife’s least favorite day. Odd how that works. 🤷‍♂️)

Time for some predictions and stories to follow.

•Sennecke will go higher than he’s ranked - top-7.

•Buium will go later than he’s ranked. Much closer to 10th than 5th.

•Neither Catton and Helenius go top-10.

•Eiserman drops to the 15-20 range.

•Connelly drops to the mid-20s.

•Bill Armstrong and Pat Verbeek don’t draft any players under 6’1”.

•Blues draft Luchanko at 16.

What are some other predictions?

- Minimum 4 trades called during the 1st round.

- “The Ranking’s” will be thrown out by pick 10 because of teams going “off the board”.

-Blues end up with Dickinson after a trade up.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I’d be happy with Solberg, Hage, or Jiricek. Eiserman I think is worth being selected at our pick, but I’d rather go with the center or one of the D. Luchanko I really don’t see the offensive upside with. I think he’ll be a good speedy winger who is excellent on the forecheck, but I think the handling skill especially limits his offensive ceiling.

Reactions: execwrite1

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I’m rooting for Luchenko or Hage. I think both have a lot of room to grow and the Blues patient development strategy would do wonders. Colbert is the best defenseman I can reasonably expect to see here. I really do like what everyone else sees in him, I just have Luchenko and Hage a smidge higher.

Best case scenario, in my mind, is if one of Catton or Helenius fell. Both seem to have their names lower in the draft order than most and I’m all for it if it were to happen.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Final prediction: If one of Buium, Levshyunov, Dickinson, or Parekh are available at 10, Blues trade up with the Devils, otherwise Jett Luchanko is the pick at 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad