2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Interesting
Soldberg and Beaudoin have been draft hunks
And they went right where we supposed to pick
Interesting what we do at 31 and 58

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I’ve got to trust the staff, but I really feel we might have just made a mistake. Sometimes you’ve got to take the player that falls to you and not galaxy brain it as this organization is doing across multiple regimes.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I think the return on their first was a tad bit light (would like liked another 4th maybe - in this year or next), but not much to cry over. They need picks. Getting an additional 2nd is helpful for a team that had 3 picks last year.
The trade was just about on the nose to historical trades

Reactions: aingefan

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I really dislike the Leafs strategy of moving back every. single. year. I wish just once they'd target someone higher and move up to get their guy instead of trying to be smarter than everyone else and picking the scraps from other teams.
It just wreaks of the Shanahan and company continuing to think they're simply smarter than the rest of the league's management. They can build a team salary structure that nobody else employs and win with it and they can use their super secret draft strategy and win with it... Yet we're still waiting on tangible results...

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
WTF is our management doing? Take the best player at 23 FFS !!!

The 2nd round pick ( 58th ) will likely not even make the NHL unless our Leafs get extremely lucky !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad