2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
LOL what? Have you been watching the draft? Look at how many good players are available because other teams reached. Please don’t start bringing negativity to an otherwise positive thread if you don’t understand.

We are still gonna get a great player and we finally get a second rounder, which we haven’t had for what? Three years
I have watched the draft from the start. Dropping 8 spots is a lot for what a second round long shot

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Reversal of the Biggs trade. We better be on the right side of the trade this time. LOL.
LOL I hope so. Anaheim literally built a starting lineup from all the picks we traded with them over the years. Trades with Anaheim usually don't end well for us.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
We will see. Last year I was mad they didn’t trade back and took Cowan early.

This year now they move back with the guy I was “hoping for”.

Ultimately Clark is going to pick who he picks. Minten and Cowan were early. So might as well get the 57th

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Two points
Wes Clark likes his wild cards. Seems to have worked well last year

Also worth noting: Norway is Bergman's domain, no? You'd have to imagine that, if he was lobbying hard for Solberg, the Leafs would have made the pick. Doesn't mean Bergman didn't like him, doesn't mean that Bergman is always right, but our Scandinavian scouting is about as good as it gets.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Damn, I would have rather got the haul that the Avs just did. Perhaps the scouting staff like a group of players likely available at #31 and not as likely at #38.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
For what purpose? To draft more players that will unlikely contribute significantly during Matthew's prime? I don't get it.

I firmly believe the 1st should have been traded for immediate help. That said, if they didn’t like the options they had there, trading back is smart.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
There must be someone they like enough within the next 5 to 10 player range or the Utah trade down could've helped us replenish next year's draft

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
I like the trade down but still feel painful when anaheim uses this pick to draft solberg
But moving back 8 slots meant is was a given that Solberg would be gone. There are a lot of solid options left for 31, and the late 2nd will add value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad