2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
And a 2nd next year

I am saying the 2nd this year for the Leafs and the 2nd from NYR to the Avs next year will end up being similar value.

The difference is a 3rd for about 7 spots extra... it is not that different in value

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Wtf are you talking about, Colorado just traded back and they’ve won a Stanley cup. So are they also stupid for trading back?

If two teams trade back in the draft back to back picks, that should tell you something.

The kid they brought to Toronto and spent a ton of time interviewing was available and they gave him to Anaheim, someone somewhere made a mistake. Either he wasn’t worth bringing to Toronto if you give him up for basically an early 3rd or you should have taken him.

If every pick after #5 is a random gamble why bother having a scouting staff? Just use Bob’s top 32 and call it a day. If we’re spending millions on a bloated scouting staff I would hope they’re not just throwing darts at a board and hoping for the best. Either Stolberg raised some red flags when they brought him in or they got desperate to make the “safe” play.

• Haha
Reactions: Smif and francis246

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'm not sure they did, maybe slightly?

23 for 31 + 58
vs
24 for 38 + 71 + 2nd next year (50+ most likely)

Yeah, I don't get the complaints there. The payment for the Avs to move back 14 spots should have been a little less than double what the Leafs paid to move back 8 spots, and... they got less than double the value the Leafs got. They seem almost identical as far as value goes.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I wanted solberg but I also figured they'd go off the board and trade down.

Let's see what they do with the late 1st... and now with a 2nd. I like it personally.

Wes has at least 2 guys he figures are a lock at 31 still and I'll trust that.

Plus we have a second now.

Wes is a future gm maybe.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
WTF is our management doing? Take the best player at 23 FFS !!!

The 2nd round pick ( 58th ) will likely not even make the NHL unless our Leafs get extremely lucky !!!

They have a pick in mind and they think he'll be available at 31.
Nothing wrong with that

We still have a 1st round pick. Soberg isn't exactly high end skill player.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I'm a big fan of Letourneau
Hate that he went to Boston. Could he have been drafted by anyone else??

Letourneau is way too passive at his size, maybe if he finds another gear he can be that guy but watching some of his full game clips, I don’t see him becoming a top 6 guy. He’s got skill, but he’s a big project.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
The best part about the trade down is that it'd extend my enjoyment till the end of the draft and extend to tomorrow's 2nd round.

There are still Pulkkinen, Emery, Badinka, Elick that I like. Miettinen, O'Reilly are okay too

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad