Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think that's a decent offer as a Jets fan

I also floated Beck and Barron for McG + (maybe a 3rd?)

I guess it depends on whether or not chevy is hellbent on getting a 1 for 1 deal with an equivalent piece coming back

There is a deal to be made between the Jets and Habs.

Hughes is probably offering Barron, Mesar, 2nd and Jets are a little higher like the one you replied too. Barron has potential. Only thing lacking is maturity and experience. Stable spot in the lineup the Habs couldn’t give him.

Barron+ is the Habs offer no doubt! Just need to figure out how deep the plus is

Reactions: MajorWeber

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Hughes is probably offering Barron, Mesar, 2nd and Jets are a little higher like the one you replied too. Barron has potential. Only thing lacking is maturity and experience. Stable spot in the lineup the Habs couldn’t give him.

Barron+ is the Habs offer no doubt! Just need to figure out how deep the plus is
I doubt Jets is interested in Barron. Cant pass waivers. We already have Heinola in that position, cant have 2 guys with limited experience. Stop with this crap. Barron has low value or almost none.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I think Barron is an upgrade on the 6 D we have slotted in as of right now

Jomo Demelo
Samberg Pionk (fingers crossed their analytics hold)
Heinola Barron
Stanley

That bottom pair is an improvement over Stanley - Heinola by a wide margin

The problem with that trade is that what if Bogdan and Salo both turn out to be solid top 4 guys? Then our right side is overloaded with Barron and Demelo too lol. I guess it's a good problem to maybe have
Yeah, you cross that bridge when you come to it. The golden ticket is the Flames 1st next year.

Reactions: Buffdog

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

We just lost a right hand D. So maybe it's Harris.

But anyway we continue loving Americans it seems. lol

Reactions: Habs Halifax

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023

No…there’s not

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Yeah, hard to see a deal between the Habs and the Jets. They'd probably want Demidov or Reinbacher, both of which would be non starters from the Habs. I'd offer a top 5 protected 2025 1st and a prospect like Roy or Meser.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Would be a fantastic trade for both teams.
Both have huge potential

I’ve always liked Hoglander but the thing is it’s a bad fit for the Jets bc LW isn’t a need, their needs are 2C and top 4 RHD, either roster players or prospects or good pick.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Demidov/Reinbacher/Habs own 1st round pick? These asking price are not realistic at all.

To be clear that’s not from a Jets fan there, just some other team fan comment. By all reports that’s not what Chevy is looking for, by the report from Friedman he wanted 13th pick from the Wild and reports were a couple teams close to meeting that price until players fell in the draft.

So IMO the value he wants is in the range of 13th pick this year, but likely a range of 13-20 is what other teams were more comfortable paying using some speculation and Friedman comments.

Posters here are both estimated high and low on the return values. Chevy wouldn’t be expecting multi 1st but also isn’t accepting bottom pairing D or 4th liners or near bust prospects or AHL career guys.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I am sure it has been probably brought up in this thread before, but with NJ being kind of "full" at RHD, would a swap of former Michigan teammates work? Seamus Casey for McGroarty? Do the Jets need offensive minded RHD?

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
:devils
Rutger McGroarty

:jets
Seamus Casey
2026 NJD 3rd Round Pick

Devils seem to now be locked into their RD’s for at least the next four years from 1st-3rd pairing with Hamilton, Pesce, and Nemec. McGroarty is looking to play now. Fills a long term wing hole for the Devils.

For Winnipeg, they have several forward prospects looking to crack the line up. Casey can play a year or two in the A and replace Collin Miller or Pionk if they choose to move on from them. Pick to balance trade.

Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad