GDT: 2024 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Christien

May 1, 2010
Justin Poirier and Tomofei Obvintsev both off the board in back-to-back picks. Two guys I really liked, because of the Black Book of course lmao

• Wow
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I don't know what kind of stupidity takes it for same people to post about great rankings of Red Wings prospects and about firing Draper after he didn't pick their 45th ranked prospect in the 4th round.

I’m all for getting Draper away from the draft. Make him GM of Grand Rapids.

Justin Poirier and Tomifei Obvintsev both off the board in back-to-back picks. Two guys I really liked, because of the Black Book of course lmao

I really wanted Poirier.

Reactions: David D and lilidk

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Weak draft class = firing Draper. LOL!
He is the director of amateur scouting isnt he?

And to clarify I dont think we should fire him yet just how many draft would it take?

It seems it would be very hard for Steve having been teammates for so long.

Oh that HockeyEttan guy Charlie Forslund. Interesting!
First pick since Becher that is an interesting gamble to make.

Reactions: Realgud

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He is the director of amateur scouting isnt he?

And to clarify I dont think we should fire him yet just how many draft would it take?

It seems it would be very hard for Steve having been teammates for so long.

When looking at Drapers performance, look around the league and see who these late picks developed into anything, and who Draper missed. You might be surprised to find that no one develops with those late picks. Why would you want to fire Draper for "missing" something that was never there?

Unless you are referring to Danielson and Kasper?

Christien

May 1, 2010
Lots of Russian players getting drafted this year seem more than normal, no? Seems like all Carolina has drafted today is Russians lol

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Lots of Russian players getting drafted this year seem more than normal, no? Seems like all Carolina has drafted today is Russians lol
I'm gonna say it right now, I absolutely LOVE Siryatsky and Avramov... and they both go to Carolina lol. They drafted a lot of russians over the years but not much has materialized in term of NHL results so the jury is still out on the way they draft!

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
When looking at Drapers performance, look around the league and see who these late picks developed into anything, and who Draper missed. You might be surprised to find that no one develops with those late picks. Why would you want to fire Draper for "missing" something that was never there?

Unless you are referring to Danielson and Kasper?
I'm well aware that most of these guys are longshots. But I'd still like to see us take chances on guys with some skill every once in a while. If they dont pan out oh well at least we tried instead of picking these 4th line bottom pairing trends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad