GDT: 2024 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
When looking at Drapers performance, look around the league and see who these late picks developed into anything, and who Draper missed. You might be surprised to find that no one develops with those late picks. Why would you want to fire Draper for "missing" something that was never there?

Unless you are referring to Danielson and Kasper?

Because it’s fun to say ‘fire Draper’?

Also because we need to clear a spot in the front office for future legendary AGM Cleveland.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I give us a solid D+

This draft is impossible to grade.

Their 1st pick is a guy that will be in the NHL sooner than later. He needs less development time. All the other forwards taken later show strong offense, good skating, rink rat, puck hounds, but need lots and lots of development.

When Kasper and Danielson fail I would think Draper will be moved to a different role.

*when ... ?

You have low expectations?

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
This draft is impossible to grade.

Their 1st pick is a guy that will be in the NHL sooner than later. He needs less development time. All the other forwards taken later show strong offense, good skating, rink rat, puck hounds, but need lots and lots of development.

*when ... ?

You have low expectations?
I think they will end up being massive busts yes and thought as much when we drafted them as well.

Kasper is barely putting up middle of the pack numbers in this 3rd pro year and Danielson finished 49th in scoring in his final junior league. I can’t see how anyone can look at those numbers and still be optimistic. They’re projecting to be more depth type players and not top 6 talent that we desperately need.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I very much like this draft for the Wings. MBN is a great pick, and I like Plante and Whipple for the USNTDP picks. Baker is meh to me, but he's fine, could follow a Savage type of development. I don't have a strong opinion on Forslund as I have not watched him at all, but I like the profile a lot and the upside there. Becher is very interesting but I'll be honest when I watch PG, I feel like it's a bunch of high level junior players destroying other teams offensively, so I'm not too big on him but I recognize the crazy production (even for a 20 years old player) and him doing well at the WJC. Scott and Miller are a big *shrug* from me. I don't remember what I've seen from them, or if I even noticed them (don't think I've watched a game where Miller was in net).

We shall see what the future holds for all these players.

--------------------

For fun and for future reference, my picks based on my list (that I've done myself by watching these players, no draft guide influence):

1 (15). Michael Hage
2 (47). Teddy Stiga
3 (80). Luca Marrelli
4 (126). Brayden Edwards
5 (144). Fyodor Avramov
6 (176). Christian Humphreys
7 (203). Mitja Jokinen
7 (208). Ryerson Leenders

Brayden Edwards
Mitja Jokinen
Topias Hynninen
Petter Vesterheim
Tomas Galvas
Alexander Zetterberg
Kim Elfving
Ivan Okunev
Fraser Leonard
Thomas Desruisseaux
Wilson Bjorck
Gustav Sjoqvist
Dominik Mikanovich
Kam Hendrickson

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I think they will end up being massive busts yes and thought as much when we drafted them as well.

Kasper is barely putting up middle of the pack numbers in this 3rd pro year and Danielson finished 49th in scoring in his final junior league. I can’t see how anyone can look at those numbers and still be optimistic. They’re projecting to be more depth type players and not top 6 talent that we desperately need.
lmao at "massive busts"

Top 6 studs or "massive bust"? They were late top ten 1st picks. They are more Anton Lundell sub .5 PPG than Stutzle almost PPG players. What were expecting? Matthews or BUST? /facepalm

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
lmao at "massive busts"

Top 6 studs or "massive bust"? They were late top ten 1st picks. They are more Anton Lundell sub .5 PPG than Stutzle almost PPG players. What were expecting? Matthews or BUST? /facepalm
I think you should base bust status on the trajectory from where they are picked. Both were picked to be top 6 talent, not middle/bottom of the lineup players. Meaning if they do make the NHL, if their ceiling becomes 3rd4th line role players, I think most would agree they would be busts.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I think you should base bust status on the trajectory from where they are picked. Both were picked to be top 6 talent, not middle/bottom of the lineup players. Meaning if they do make the NHL, if their ceiling becomes 3rd4th line role players, I think most would agree they would be busts.

The centers drafted after KASPER are playing in the WHL or college. Yet Kasper is the "massive bust".

Where are all these 2022 draftees who are non 'massive busts'? (based on your definition).

I don't understand your mentality.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
The centers drafted after KASPER are playing in the WHL or college. Yet Kasper is the "massive bust".

I don't understand your mentality.
Kasper is going into his 4th pro year, that’s the difference. 4th pro year and still mediocre numbers. If he had just made his jump into pros I wouldn’t be so quick to judge.

Also, Savoie is a Center and I doubt you’re gonna try to explain to me that Kasper is better?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Kasper is going into his 4th pro year, that’s the difference. 4th pro year and still mediocre numbers. If he had just made his jump into pros I wouldn’t be so quick to judge.

Also, Savoie is a Center and I doubt you’re gonna try to explain to me that Kasper is better?

Savoie can't even play in the AHL. Why? Maybe because Sardines are small and soft? Dude is 5.09 and is still in the WHL... and only played 34 whopping games. Did he get smashed?

Kasper who plays a physical game in the AHL, and stepped up his game is a MASSIVE BUST. Savoie who is a hobbit and can't play 35 games in the WHL is a stud...

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Savoie can't even play in the AHL. Why? Maybe because Sardines are small and soft? Dude is 5.09 and is still in the WHL... and only played 34 whopping games. Did he get smashed?
Sure and yet still put up PPG numbers and then absolutely tore it up when he was sent back down a 2 points a game. I mean, if you honestly think Kasper has a better trajectory at this point I don’t know what to tell you.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Sure and yet still put up PPG numbers and then absolutely tore it up when he was sent back down a 2 points a game. I mean, if you honestly think Kasper has a better trajectory at this point I don’t know what to tell you.

"when he was sent back down".

Enuff said. I want an NHL player that helps the team win, not a WHL shrimp that can't stay in the AHL trajectory.

Lets ignore the fact Kasper had almost a PPG in the AHL playoffs and took over some games.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad