GDT: 2024 Blackhawks training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

Feels kinda damning for a guy like Misiak that he can’t even get into a preseason game in his second camp. I’m also surprised they didn’t keep Vanacker around longer to have him with the NHL medical staff but maybe he’s closer to playing than initially thought?

Reactions: TLEH and Mrfenn92

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Misiak better put up at least a point a game in Jr's.....something tells me he's going to be maddening with inconsistency and potential.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Misiak better put up at least a point a game in Jr's.....something tells me he's going to be maddening with inconsistency and potential.
I'm ready to punt on him. I know development isn't linear but every time I've watched a game/scrimmage of him, it takes me forever just to figure out which guy he is. I don't hate the draft pick because KD took a chance on his traits but when you take big swings, you're going to whiff on some.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Feels kinda damning for a guy like Misiak that he can’t even get into a preseason game in his second camp. I’m also surprised they didn’t keep Vanacker around longer to have him with the NHL medical staff but maybe he’s closer to playing than initially thought?

Disappointing but the roster is deeper than last year. Still lots of time to go in his development.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Misiak is going to be 20 and his 2nd year in the OHL. He's old as hell for that league too being a Sept Birthday. Realistically he's gotta score like 80-100 points to even slightly be relevant. Even average NHL players scored in junior.

It is no surprise really that the Dach Nazar Lardis line would look impressive in a no-hit game of shinny. I'll just leave it at that, other than to say they may be a potential 1st or 2nd line in RFD.
Lardis sure, Nazar can give and take physically (against guys around his size) and so can Dach, not sure I agree with your assessment.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Misiak does not look like he is going to pan out but the other picks in last years draft moore, kantserov and Lardis all still have top 9 Min NHL possibility. Gajan to hard to say. if gajan ends up a NHL player I still think it was a strong draft. having 5 out of 6 hit in the top 70 is still very solid. Also for someone that was supposed to be Raw like AJ pretty encouraging. Maybe his timeline is closer to AHL pro then we think.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I'm ready to punt on him. I know development isn't linear but every time I've watched a game/scrimmage of him, it takes me forever just to figure out which guy he is. I don't hate the draft pick because KD took a chance on his traits but when you take big swings, you're going to whiff on some.
Problem is Misiak wasn't a big swing, he got drafted cuz he had a strong 9 game playoffs as the 1C on the USHL championship team and had pro traits that projected to being like a 3C in the NHL (size, decent hands, responsible two way game)

Still absolutely beyond me why we passed on guys like Heidt and Sawchyn when our prospect pool was so devoid of raw talent at the time

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Problem is Misiak wasn't a big swing, he got drafted cuz he had a strong 9 game playoffs as the 1C on the USHL championship team and had pro traits that projected to being like a 3C in the NHL (size, decent hands, responsible two way game)

Still absolutely beyond me why we passed on guys like Heidt and Sawchyn when our prospect pool was so devoid of raw talent at the time
You're right it wasn't that big of a swing but Heidt and Sawchyn, while I'd definitely rather have them in the system than Misiak, are both centers on the smallish side. And at the time, they already drafted Bedard, Nazar, and Moore so I could see why KD drafted a bigger center

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Not a Misiak fan but him being an overager in his 2nd OHL season isn't as dire considering he's only been in North America for a couple of years. It's a bit different than a kid whose played in NA his entire life and struggling in the OHL.

With that said, he's got a long way to go, if any to be an NHL'er. But even with his questionable hockey sense, his inconsistent physicality and his lack of a good shot, his size, his speed, his underrated passing and him being a rat on the ice will always give him at least 4th liner as a floor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad