Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
If Zub is out, I'd love to give Yak a taste of Reg season (assuming he continues to do well in preseason).

He still needs to develop, but nothing wrong with a couple games showing him where he needs to get his game to.
The Sens need to get off to a good start so I don't see Green having 2 rookie D's in the line-up as Kleven will most likely be there. If Zub is out, I think Hamonic and JBD will be in the line-up. Here's hoping Zub is healthy by Oct 10th.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The Sens need to get off to a good start so I don't see Green having 2 rookie D's in the line-up as Kleven will most likely be there. If Zub is out, I think Hamonic and JBD will be in the line-up. Here's hoping Zub is healthy by Oct 10th.
Sanderson hamonic
Chabot Jensen
Kleven jbd

Is a wild year 8 of the rebuild defence.

Reactions: Duncstar and Bileur

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sanderson hamonic
Chabot Jensen
Kleven jbd

Is a wild year 8 of the rebuild defence.

Damn... We have :

- Chabot, who was drafted in 2015 (3 years before the rebuild)
- Sanderson, who was a 5th OA pick (thank God they did well with that pick)
- Kleven, who is most likely a decent #5
- JBD, who is a 6th/7th D-man and already 24 y/o

And 2 stop gaps vets (+ Zub who turns 29 next week and is often injured)

Kinda understand why they picked D-men with their 2 highest picks, even though we'll need to draft potential Top-6 forwards as well.

Anything you look about this team, it's hard to not think about how much damage the precedent regime made. We knew the new management would have a lot of work ahead

Last edited:
Reactions: Duncstar

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Burning a year might not be the worst thing you could do. Even if he plays 40 games for Ottawa and goes to the WJC, if he’s the bottom pairing sub guy with a JBD or Hamonic - contractually it might be not be horrible. He’s never going to see 1st PP minutes or top 4 D group in the next 2 years so his points totals won’t be super high and signing him at 21 to an 8 year contract would be just like Brady and Timmy. Could be better then managing to slide him and his contract year he’s playing in the top 4 and you’re paying hik more because his contract year he’s 22-23 playing top 4 immediately after Jensen moves along instead of 21 and he would be getting more points (or you’d be signing up after a 30 point season at 21yrs instead of 43 points at 23yrs old)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Year 8 of the rebuild and if you take out one guy it’s looks atrocious? Same joke. Same laugh

I mean, one top 4 guy out from the Oilers and you get an awful looking D too, there's a salary cap you can't keep a 5 mil Dman in your back pocket.

I'm sure if you put Yakemchuk in instead of Hamonic people would feel better about it, we can do that if you want

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Year 8 of the rebuild and if you take out one guy it’s looks atrocious? Same joke. Same laugh
I mean, one top 4 guy out from the Oilers and you get an awful looking D too, there's a salary cap you can't keep a 5 mil Dman in your back pocket.

I'm sure if you put Yakemchuk in instead of Hamonic people would feel better about it, we can do that if you want
It's not that bad, we have better depth this year with Jensen, can trade or waiver pickup if we need a LHD. Zub will be back soon, let whose ever best in preseason play place holder if required and if Zubs about to join camp any day like reported we are fine

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I would not feel better about putting a raw rookie in the top 4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I would not feel better about putting a raw rookie in the top 4
Well you don't need to put him in the top 4, Jensen and JBD can move up. But of course you know that. The point is people just hate Hamonic, he was really bad last year, so it's understandable, will he be as bad this year after getting his knees cleaned up, maybe, maybe not but we do have other options too. .

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well you don't need to put him in the top 4, Jensen and JBD can move up. But of course you know that. The point is people just hate Hamonic, he was really bad last year, so it's understandable, will he be as bad this year after getting his knees cleaned up, maybe, maybe not but we do have other options too. .
Jbd in the top 4….also….doesnt make me feel better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad