Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's better than being -14. I brought it up as info to fellow readers, not to be necessarily dissected like this. Who gives a shit about Galchenyuk these days or what he accomplished early on? I sure as hell don't.

It would be a disaster at -14, because only very bad players would get stats like those while being played in isolation.

+/- is an extremely contextual stat.

Don't need to act so insecure, I'm not putting down Demidov, I'm a huge fan of his, but he is being played in isolation. Rotenberg often uses the 3rd line as exploitation, which is fine for a rookie and he's been more than up to the task.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It would be a disaster at -14, because only very bad players would get stats like those while being played in isolation.

+/- is an extremely contextual stat.

Don't need to act so insecure, I'm not putting down Demidov, I'm a huge fan of his, but he is being played in isolation. Rotenberg often uses the 3rd line as exploitation, which is fine for a rookie and he's been more than up to the task.
Insecure sir I am not. I just didn't expect a simple promising stat on Demidov to be dissected like this.
All I was saying was that he is +14 which is a good thing.

Reactions: ryan callahan

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Don’t remember the last time we had that caliber of prospect in the pipeline. Caufield maybe?

Demidov is a clear tier above Caufield as a prospect.

He’s in superstar potential group. Caufield is able to have great moments and be the best player in a game from time to time, Demidov will have the ability to dictate the entire pace of the game.

Patrick Kane / Nik Kucherov stuff.

Jul 6, 2016
Not luck, competent...finally. Kent Hughes, merci
No way they could forecast that Hutson would be available at #62 and Fowler in the 3rd round when 5 other goalies were selected ahead of him. Same with Hage who should had been top-15. Even Demidov should had been top three, no later. Yes, they were lucky. Bruins used to be lucky too with Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak. TB too with Kucherov and Point…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad