Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
You can travel to Russia . . . but if you're a Russian male living in another country I wouldn't recommend it as you may not be allowed to leave (you might have to go straight to military service). Because Vladdy P. loves hockey, it appears that Russian hockey players are "exempt" from this possibility.

If you have the economic means to travel in and out of the country, you’re not gonna be drafted.
Uncle Vova wants nothing more than to keep the ramifications of Ukraine far away from the upper/middle class.

Russia is no different than most countries….it’s the poor, minorities and rural working class who are the conscripts.

Ok, back to hockey……

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Just gonna copy/paste for those who don't have twitter (sometimes the website is glitchy on mobile).

Marc Denis (RDS): “In the case of Ivan Demidov, are you just letting Roman Rotenberg take care of his development, is there constant communication with SKA, do you know what’s going to happen in the next year because sometimes it’s a bit complicated with young Russian players.”

Kent Hughes: “I can’t tell you if we know at what point (we’ll see him) since he belongs to another team & he’s under contract with them…We’re following (Ivan Demidov) closely & Nick Bobrov is in communication with them…we have to respect that he’s their (SKA) player & (the KHL) is a professional league where they play to win. But we’re following him & there’s a possibility we’ll be going to see him (in Russia ).”

The last bolded part is interesting...:popcorn:

Yeesh..
Of course Montreal and SKA are in constant contact, but too much Montreal involvement could be counterproductive to his ice time.

Every coach on the planet wants players who are 100% focused and committed to the current team. Future aspirations are secondary. It’s what got Michkov in Rotenberg’s doghouse.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I already miss the Demidov GDTs
HFHabs already miss the Demidov GDTs

1726680900500.png

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
You can travel to Russia . . . but if you're a Russian male living in another country I wouldn't recommend it as you may not be allowed to leave (you might have to go straight to military service). Because Vladdy P. loves hockey, it appears that Russian hockey players are "exempt" from this possibility.
This isn’t true man

Reactions: Zine and cphabs

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
If you have the economic means to travel in and out of the country, you’re not gonna be drafted.
Uncle Vova wants nothing more than to keep the ramifications of Ukraine far away from the upper/middle class.

Russia is no different than most countries….it’s the poor, minorities and rural working class who are the conscripts.

Ok, back to hockey……
They also can’t afford hockey

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My Game 5 thread was deleted by the mods and incoporated here. Guess thats what were doing now

I merged them cause there was the rookie thread going at the same time and this Demidov thread so I thought might as well just combine but if you want to start a GDT for tomorrow, I will close this thread when the game starts and reopen hours after the game so that people are posting the same thing in 2 threads.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Can you go back home right now? Can you fly from Canada to Moscow or is there some sort of travel ban?
Yeah you can travel there it’s just outrageously expensive

I looked a couple weeks ago and it was like $3900 to fly from Toronto to St Petersburg

Edit: just looked again and there’s no flights, weird

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

I looked a couple weeks ago and it was like $3900 to fly from Toronto to St Petersburg

Interesting, I was curious about bans. What airline would you have to fly??

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I merged them cause there was the rookie thread going at the same time and this Demidov thread so I thought might as well just combine but if you want to start a GDT for tomorrow, I will close this thread when the game starts and reopen hours after the game so that people are posting the same thing in 2 threads.
Damnit @montreal! You’re a mod too!

Is there anything you don’t do??

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
I have Russian friends here and they’ve all said they won’t go see their family back home because of that so unless they’re lying to me . . .

That means your friends probably don't wanna put the effort into it. Because it's really not difficult to get an exemption.
Nothing has significantly changed since pre-Ukraine in this regard. The main difference is conscripts from poor areas are being mobilized.
Like I said, it's the poor who fight rich men's wars.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
That means your friends probably don't wanna put the effort into it. Because it's really not difficult to get an exemption.
Nothing has significantly changed since pre-Ukraine in this regard. The main difference is conscripts from poor areas are being mobilized.
Like I said, it's the poor who fight rich men's wars.

yet the war machine keeps getting elected... by the people that will suffer the most... in all countries

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Understandable. Apparently… an extremely expensive fighter/bomber was shot down by its own forces near by.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad