Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I'm really happy to see that he play good in KHL so far, really great highlights in those 2 games. That will stop bad comments "Oh, he play in a league like MHL, so easy".

He already prove that he belong to KHL and a very good one also.

Should got more than 1 point with more luck, but points will come, for sure. 35-40 pts would be perfect. More, will be a huge bonus.

But his game in general, very impressive!!
Points are welcome sure but don’t matter , learning to play a pro game and fitting at that level is the most important . And as you say so far so good

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's just like any other GDT so get used to it.
There will always be those who expect too much and maybe more than usual with Demidov.
It's your job amongst others to bring some balance into the conversation.
Most of the folks watching have decent takes IMO.
GDTs are different...those are threads dedicated to an entire team.

There is no thread dedicated to breaking down a prospect every shift in whatever league they play in. Sometimes we'll have certain posters share youtube links to the odd shift or odd game.

But dedicated threads and twitter accounts analyzing his every shift.

I don't know...on one hand it's appreciated, on the other, it's kind of insane lol.

I just know us as a fanbase, we're not used to having good things. We're building up something that will be very difficult to live up too. I'm chalking it up to a fanbase that's been longing for this type of player for ever, being super excited...i'm sure when NHL games start this kind of stuff will wear off.

Last edited:
Reactions: stanley25

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
GDTs are different...those are threads dedicated to an entire team.

There is no thread dedicated to breaking down a prospect every shift in whatever league they play in. Sometimes we'll have certain posters share youtube links to the odd shift or odd game.

But dedicated threads and twitter accounts analyzing his every shift.

I don't know...on one hand it's appreciated, on the other, it's kind of insane lol.

I just know us as a fanbase, we're not used to having good things. We're building up something that will be very difficult to live up too. I'm chalking it up to a fanbase that's been longing for this type of player for ever, being super excited...i'm sure when NHL games start this kind of stuff will wear off.
The attention may taper off some once our camp starts.
I doubt very much I'll try to watch every game and like you mentioned we have dedicated members who will post videos of his shifts.
Honestly I've already seen enough to know we have something special and I'm ecstatic with his work ethic.
The rest will come naturally he's simply too talented not to find success.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
1725894166128.png

Last game he played against cars, now it's trains.

200w.gif

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
And our kid playing vs men in Russia

It's going *too* well lol..

It's fun being in training camp mindset mode but everytime this thread gets bumped it always puts a smile on my face lol 'oh yeah, Demi exists :D'

Quentin Miller was sacrificed to the injury gods.

• Wow
Reactions: overlords

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yellow is 4th line.

Which is still bad.

We might see him sooner rather than later.
I can't imagine anyone I've seen who will be able to make that third line better.
The problem with the line to begins with was Kuznetsov's lack of desire and Rendulic's lack of hockey IQ.
I'm assuming he'll get fewer minutes but he may actually do better as the go to on that 4th line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Sense

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I can't imagine anyone I've seen who will be able to make that third line better.
The problem with the line to begin with was Kuznetsov's lack of desire and Rendulic's lack of hockey IQ.
I'm assuming he'll get fewer minutes but he may actually do better as the go to on that 4th line.

Hard to do that with 6 minutes tho

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hard to do that with 6 minutes tho

I'm as big Demidov's fan as anybody and not since the last draft but since the kid was 15. But let's be honest, he had chances to score. And not one or even two.

Look at Michkov, he played for SKA one game last season and exactly 6 min. Of course he didn't score. But as soon as they loaned him to Sochi he started to score. He was 4+5 after 8 games. If Demidov scored at least one goal on those chances he had I doubd even Rotenberg would have dared to bench him.

Reactions: montreal

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm as big Demidov's fan as anybody and not since the last draft but since the kid was 15. But let's be honest, he had chances to score. And not one or even two.

Look at Michkov, he played for SKA one game last season and exactly 6 min. Of course he didn't score. But as soon as they loaned him to Sochi he started to score. He was 4+5 after 8 games. If Demidov scored at least one goal on those chances he had I doubd even Rotenberg would have dared to bench him.

Yeah he did and Randulic had 0 chances to score and is still getting loads of ice time. Demidov is getting chances and creating. That means things will fall.

Rotenberg was gonna bench him regardless. He wasn't warranted being benched in that 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad