Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He’s already met my expectations for a very good season in the KHL. He’s shown me he’s big enough, he’s strong enough. He can deke, spin and confuse KHL players with practically the same ease as he does MHL Juniors. Zero learning curve was necessary.

He’ll easily meet those numbers barring injury or scant minutes of usage.

I agree, but anything more than 30 points in a full season would be pretty good.

I expect him to be 0.7-0.9 PPG.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What would be considered a very good season for Demidov point wise in the KHL?
First guy in the Ozone of the fore check and first guy in the Dzone on the back check...

Exactly what we saw most shifts in game one. The points will happen naturally because he's all over it.
With the number of chances he was involved in don't be surprised if he hits PPG.
He will definitely be enjoying multi point games.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
He's got the jump on Lindstrom so far. :sarcasm:

A physical specimen who can't even lace on his skates without help. I'm guessing.

Let's be honest, even if demidov puts up PPG, everyone will downplay it and still say michkov was better.

Then they'd just say it's because he plays for the powerhouse SKA. No winning with those guys.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Ivan Demidov, forward, Montreal Canadiens prospect about Michkov:

"Both the team and the whole city were really looking forward to his arrival. He is a new hope for Philadelphia, there haven't been such players in the NHL for a long time. Unsurprisingly, he was greeted so warmly, and everything was done to make him comfortable. He even sent me several videos from the locker room and the ice. As for his game, I'm sure he will succeed. Matvey is a versatile player who is always focused on the goal, but can also make passes. Moreover, he can play in the center, and we have had such an experience. The main thing is that he needs good partners, and in Philadelphia there will be no problems with that."

Reactions: xX SEYF Xx

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The game to game, period to period, shift to shift content on Demidov is a double edged sword.

By the 20 game mark of his KHL season its all going to be about finding warts in his game, comparing his production to Michkov, complaints about his usage, etc.

I just want him to stay healthy and make his way over to NA in the spring.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Friend asked me other day, if we make playoffs is Demidov eligible to play for us. I didn't know the answer? Thinking he could do a Caufield the year we got to Finals

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Friend asked me other day, if we make playoffs is Demidov eligible to play for us. I didn't know the answer? Thinking he could do a Caufield the year we got to Finals
Depends how far SKA goes into the KHL playoffs (it is unlikely they don't make it). KHL regular season ends on March 23rd and the playoffs should be done by early May. Habs season ends on April 16th.

And you probably need to add a few weeks for Demidov to get a Canadian visa... :sarcasm:

The only possible scenario is if SKA gets bounced in the first round basically.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Depends how far SKA goes into the KHL playoffs (it is unlikely they don't make it). KHL regular season ends on March 23rd and the playoffs should be done by early May. Habs season ends on April 16th.

And you probably need to add a few weeks for Demidov to get a Canadian visa... :sarcasm:

So, there is a scenario where we could be looking at adding both Demidov and Fowler both next spring. If we get in playoffs.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

But don’t playoff rosters freeze after trade deadline, would Habs be able to put Demidov on playoff roster?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

The 2024-25 KHL season officially ends 25 May. This is the date Demidov’s contract will expire.

That said, SKA has the option of terminating his contract a little earlier (if/when SKA is eliminated from playoffs).
Sochi did that for Khusnutdinov last year. Not sure SKA will though.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
But don’t playoff rosters freeze after trade deadline, would Habs be able to put Demidov on playoff roster?
Caufield was signed like a month after the TDL and got to play in the playoffs.

But they migth have to sign them before the Habs regular season is over, I'm not sure about that one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The game to game, period to period, shift to shift content on Demidov is a double edged sword.

By the 20 game mark of his KHL season its all going to be about finding warts in his game, comparing his production to Michkov, complaints about his usage, etc.

I just want him to stay healthy and make his way over to NA in the spring.
It's just like any other GDT so get used to it.
There will always be those who expect too much and maybe more than usual with Demidov.
It's your job amongst others to bring some balance into the conversation.
Most of the folks watching have decent takes IMO.

Reactions: 417

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm really happy to see that he play good in KHL so far, really great highlights in those 2 games. That will stop bad comments "Oh, he play in a league like MHL, so easy".

He already prove that he belong to KHL and a very good one also.

Should got more than 1 point with more luck, but points will come, for sure. 35-40 pts would be perfect. More, will be a huge bonus.

But his game in general, very impressive!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad