Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
He's going to be a nightmare to defend against with that shiftiness and handling ability.

Also, it's not like he flashes skills and stickhandles himself into a corner like Galchenyuk did a lot. Demidov uses his skills with more planning and intention. He seems to be constantly adapting and thinking ahead. He really does seem to turn nothing into something on a fairly regular basis.

And he's as much of a triple threat as Justin Timberlake. Teams will have a really hard time game planning for him cause he can dominate you anywhere. He's as good off puck as when he has possession. Very rare ability for elite players to be dominant at both

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Oddly enough, it gets the reputation as the best and most necessary developmental league in the world.

Go figure.
Well yes, because most players are not exceptional and they need to work their ass off to make it. It's the right way for most players, but not all.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well yes, because most players are not exceptional and they need to work their ass off to make it. It's the right way for most players, but not all.
I’d say it’s one of many leagues that players can gain experience in before they jump to the NHL.

But “best” is debatable.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree. AHL is not what it used to be. Demidov himself said he's willing to play in the AHL if it's what's needed to ensure he has a long NHL career. Also, not required for him to start his NHL career on the top line. Top-6, yes. But top line? Only if he truly earns it. But at the same time, with Cole, Nick, Kirby, Slaf & Laine also on the Top-6, the configuration of the top two lines could change.
Demidov is at the same level or better than a number of kids who passed Go collected $$$$ and never took a ride on the Reading.
Even if he came over this year he'd play a handful of games in the AHL at most. He could start on a third line in Montreal tomorrow.
I'm not sure where that 4th line quip is even coming from we aren't starting him at center.
He also does not have the issues with spatial awareness Slafkovsky had as players have probably been trying to nail him for years now.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Those moves were very Kovalev-like. Sometimes he glides when he makes them, but he'll adjust as he gains experience. He'll also get stronger, but he's the same height and a similar frame as Kovy when he came into the league with NYR.

One thing though is that Kovy would do these moves because for the sake of doing them. Sometimes it felt like it was an artist admiring his own work. Theres a lot more intentionality with Demidov. He does them to create space and plans 2 moves ahead. Really good IQ to go with the insane skill level.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

I’d say it’s one of many leagues that players can gain experience in before they jump to the NHL.

But “best” is debatable.

Depends on the objective.

Imo, the AHL can be good for Europeans to learn to the grind and physicality of the NHL.

Skill development? Stay away. A lot of the Russian ex-AHLers have said it really lacks in combination play and creativity.

Reactions: jrom and Habs10Habs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Exactly. People are being way too dramatic. He'll get playing time in the KHL I'm certain; it remains to be seen with which club as he might get traded for the year, and then potentially have his rights reacquired like Khusnutdinov.
I don't really see a point in reacquiring Demidov's rights, he's NA bound once his season is done.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
1000057095.gif

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No doubt. Sometimes I wonder if Zednik and Koivu had a bet on who could have worse luck. Between getting mclaren'd, the skate cut incident, and then having an ice rink collapse on his head, Z made a good run of it.

It's Billy Ryan your picture profile?!?!

I really like this guy!! He push really hard for Fowler in 2023!!

Reactions: overlords

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
So his russian coach says they will do what is best for Demidov’s development and ease him into the pros as a 19 year old, which triggered hf into calling obvious bs and stating he needs to be on an nhl top 6 now.

Not sure but all this is very entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad