Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
The way his coach spoke about Demidov actually concerns me. Here's why-
Saying he should not come to America until he is ready for 1st line duty tells me they may want to try and convince him to stay in Russia a few more years. That's what I am reading into it.
Also making the AHL sound like a league that has 2 rules- no guns and knives allowed is BS.

I think it's just a reactionary response to Demidov's comment this past week that he's ready and willing to play in the AHL if need be . He see's Demidov's great desire to come to North America as soon as possible and is pushing back on it.

That's my cynical opinion on it anyway. I just don't trust the guy, we'll see.

All he does is sound like a moron. Ivan’s mind is set to come to NA.

How entitled are you people? Good lord. Rotenberg should be trying to get him to stay, that's part of any GM/coaches job in any league.

But ultimately these guys will go to the NHL, as they should. Nobobys stopping them. All guys from SKA in recent years go to the NHL (Marchenko, Michkov, Askarov, Shestyorkin, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, Groshev, Khusnutdinov, etc. etc.). Nikishin and Gritsyuk will leave after this year too.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's not completely wrong about the AHL though. It is a tough league where everyone is treated as a future grinder (kinda).

I can see how some offensive Russian kids would be better off developing at home and going straight to NHL where people will let star offensive players do what they want as long as the results are there.
Oddly enough, it gets the reputation as the best and most necessary developmental league in the world.

Go figure.

Reactions: Tyson

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How entitled are you people? Good lord. Rotenberg should be tryinmg to get him to stay, that's part of any GM/coaches job in any league.
How are we entitled? He has never shown any interest in staying in the KHL. He’s just there because he has to be there.

If anyone is entitled it’s Rotenberg with the way he talks about the AHL as if the star players are attacked every single game and they should worry for their lives. He’s full of shit and trying to publicly scare a kid into staying.

To say he needs to be a KHL 1st liner before going to the NHL 1st line is stupid. He’s not going to be a 1st liner here on Day 1, why would that be the expectation?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
The way his coach spoke about Demidov actually concerns me. Here's why-
Saying he should not come to America until he is ready for 1st line duty tells me they may want to try and convince him to stay in Russia a few more years. That's what I am reading into it.
Also making the AHL sound like a league that has 2 rules- no guns and knives allowed is BS.

Well that's how they operate, especially SKA, CSKA and Dynamo (Moscow), so it's not really a surprise. It's more or less the usual bullshit you have to go through when you draft a prospect from those 3 teams.

Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
But ultimately these guys will go to the NHL, as they should. Nobobys stopping them. All guys from SKA in recent years go to the NHL (Marchenko, Michkov, Askarov, Shestyorkin, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, Groshev, Khusnutdinov, etc. etc.). Nikishin and Gritsyuk will leave after this year too.
Lol.. Right, now write some of he ages of those guys when they first got to the NHL..
Marchenko 22
Shesterkin 23
Askarov 21
Kuzmenko 25
Groshev 22
Khusnutdinov 22
Michkov would of been 22 if it weren't for him forcing the issue

It isn't about 'nobody stopped them from going to the NHL' it's, obviously they didn't all come over at 19, which is what we'd like with Ivan

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
How entitled are you people? Good lord. Rotenberg should be trying to get him to stay, that's part of any GM/coaches job in any league.

How are we being entitled? If what you're saying is true then he clearly has his own agenda in mind and not the interest of Demidov or the Montreal Canadiens. He just wants him for himself.

Ofcourse we don't like it. We shall see what he does with Demidov, but I'm highly cynical with anything this guy does. This is a huge year for his development, I don't want it wasted due to this BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson and le_sean

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lol.. Right, now write some of he ages of those guys when they first got to the NHL..
Marchenko 22
Shesterkin 23
Askarov 21
Kuzmenko 25
Groshev 22
Khusnutdinov 22
Michkov would of been 22 if it weren't for him forcing the issue

It isn't about 'nobody stopped them from going to the NHL' it's, obviously they didn't all come over at 19, which is what we'd like with Ivan

Don't worry about it - he's coming and he will be directly inserted into the top 6 next year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

What makes us entitled? We are fans who want our guy over sooner rather than later.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and BLONG7

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How are we entitled? He has never shown any interest in staying in the KHL. He’s just there because he has to be there.

If anyone is entitled it’s Rotenberg with the way he talks about the AHL as if the star players are attacked every single game and they should worry for their lives. He’s full of shit and trying to publicly scare a kid into staying.

To say he needs to be a KHL 1st liner before going to the NHL 1st line is stupid. He’s not going to be a 1st liner here on Day 1, why would that be the expectation?
He's obviously laying it on thick, but probably isn't too far from the truth.

There's really no point for Demidov to leave the KHL to go play in the AHL from their perspective.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

'Entitlement' meaning fans thinking they have exclusive ownership to a player.,,,and anything other than "get him to "Montreal ASAP!" is treated as something nefarious or shady. It's ridiculous.

I'm hardly a fan of RoRo, but what he's doing is normal. Every GM tries to get their best players to stay, especially young ones.

Reactions: 417

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
'Entitlement' meaning fans thinking they have exclusive ownership to a player.,,,and anything other than "get him to "Montreal ASAP!" is treated as something nefarious, stupid, or shady. It's ridiculous.

I'm hardly a fan of RoRo, but what he's doing is normal. Every GM tries to get their best players to stay, especially young ones.
But we don’t claim ownership. He himself has the right to play out his current contract and go elsewhere without having someone trying to scare him otherwise.

He's obviously laying it on thick, but probably isn't too far from the truth.

There's really no point for Demidov to leave the KHL to go play in the AHL from their perspective.
There’s zero shot he would play in the AHL. I don’t even know why he brought it up.

Reactions: Rapala

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There’s zero shot he would play in the AHL. I don’t even know why he brought it up.
I don't know if there's zero chance but regardless, i'm sure they'd love to keep him, so whatever PR stunt they can pull between now and then, i'm sure they'll use.

No biggie.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
But we don’t claim ownership. He himself has the right to play out his current contract and go elsewhere without having someone trying to scare him otherwise.

Higher level hockey is a multi-million dollar business. Leagues, teams, agents are always trying to influence players. It's typical.

That you feel the need to use the word "scare" just proves my point. Like someone said, Rotenberg is laying it on a bit thick, but what he's telling Demidov is no different than what tons of players hear all the time..... and probably worse behind closed doors. I mean I can only imagine the NCAA recruiting process.
"This league is great! That league sucks!" You should do this! You're developminet will stall there!"

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Higher level hockey is a multi-million dollar business. Leagues, teams, agents are always trying to influence players. It's typical.

That you feel the need to use the word "scare" just proves my point. Like someone said, Rotenberg is laying it on a bit thick, but what he's telling Demidov is no different than what tons of players hear all the time.
"This league is great! That league sucks!" You should do this! You shouldn't do that!"
A bit thick? Who was the last star player in the AHL to have his limbs broken on purpose?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Do you hear/read the kinds of things NA's say about the KHL?

it's really no different.
In what context though? Quality of the league? I’m not sure what we are referring to here. The only thing I see that is said is preferential treatment for certain players which seems to be true.

• Haha
Reactions: ryan callahan

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

Entitled here speaking. He’s awesome! I’m very selfish. I want to see NOW in Montreal!

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
KHL players and hockey are high quality but the league organization has a dubious reputation. It comes partly from the fact the profit structure is different. A big chunk of financing comes from third party sponsorship. And then there’s stories of players being paid with a wad of cash out of the owner’s pockets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad