Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
What's cool is that in the "Inside the Canadiens Draft Meetings" video on Youtube we get to see Demidov with Hutson. Lane looks about 2 inches shorter than Ivan. Which means that our young D-man is a legit 5'10". Cool.

Actually pretty much everyone in the know knew that the Ducks were picking Sennecke. I watched the live SPDN draft podcast and they admitted that picks #1-5 went as expected and that there were no surprises. It's #6 and onwards that stuff got wild-ish.
The Dynamic Duo.

HD.jpg

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
He's not completely wrong about the AHL though. It is a tough league where everyone is treated as a future grinder (kinda).

I can see how some offensive Russian kids would be better off developing at home and going straight to NHL where people will let star offensive players do what they want as long as the results are there.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The guy is obviously pushing his own agenda, and it's also totally fair. We would say the same things.

This guy pushing a narrative against the AHL when the KHL is riddled with organized crime, authoritarian sycophants and lost an entire team due to flying them on an antiquated relic. Demidov will be here next year despite the pressure that SKA may apply to him. This smells a lot like a team that will play Demidov lower in the lineup as they are too corrupt and stupid to understand that this will just push him out the door.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
This guy pushing a narrative against the AHL when the KHL is riddled with organized crime, authoritarian sycophants and lost an entire team due to flying them on an antiquated relic. Demidov will be here next year despite the pressure that SKA may apply to him. This smells a lot like a team that will play Demidov lower in the lineup as they are too corrupt and stupid to understand that this will just push him out the door.

What Rotenberg is proposing IS the best development path, insofar he actually gives Demidov a chance. I mean a lot Russian dudes have said the AHL isnt creative hockey. NYI's Iskhakov just did a few days ago in fact.
But I won't hold my breath. Idiot Rotenberg coaches as if playing youngsters would give him the plague, regardless of talent.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not a whole lot going on in that first period. His teammates very rarely able to get a pass back to him for him to make a play. The one big chance he got to make a play, the other team took a penalty but never touched it, though they whistled it down while he pulled it into the inside of the ice.

He's very intelligent in the neutral zone, he's able to get out of most jams and put the puck in good spots for the transition.

Really clever skate and edge work with his hands to protect the puck under pressure.

Had a great chance when he worked himself in the middle, I think he should have shot, still gave a great pass to a teammate who failed to make the connecting tap-in pass.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Not a whole lot going on in that first period. His teammates very rarely able to get a pass back to him for him to make a play. The one big chance he got to make a play, the other team took a penalty but never touched it, though they whistled it down while he pulled it into the inside of the ice.

He's very intelligent in the neutral zone, he's able to get out of most jams and put the puck in good spots for the transition.

Really clever skate and edge work with his hands to protect the puck under pressure.

Had a great chance when he worked himself in the middle, I think he should have shot, still gave a great pass to a teammate who failed to make the connecting tap-in pass.

The only forward I like in this team RussiaU23 it's Kirill Krutov #13, but he is a 23 years old forward lol.

Demidov is on another planet in this team, for sure.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Demidov plays so much like Nikolai Zherdev, who could've been a superstar if he wasn't such a mental midget.
On the contrary Demidov actually cares and works.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The way his coach spoke about Demidov actually concerns me. Here's why-
Saying he should not come to America until he is ready for 1st line duty tells me they may want to try and convince him to stay in Russia a few more years. That's what I am reading into it.
Also making the AHL sound like a league that has 2 rules- no guns and knives allowed is BS.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Saying he should not come to America until he is ready for 1st line duty tells me they may want to try and convince him to stay in Russia a few more years. That's what I am reading into it.
Also making the AHL sound like a league that has 2 rules- no guns and knives allowed is BS.

I agree. AHL is not what it used to be. Demidov himself said he's willing to play in the AHL if it's what's needed to ensure he has a long NHL career. Also, not required for him to start his NHL career on the top line. Top-6, yes. But top line? Only if he truly earns it. But at the same time, with Cole, Nick, Kirby, Slaf & Laine also on the Top-6, the configuration of the top two lines could change.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

I think it's just a reactionary response to Demidov's comment this past week that he's ready and willing to play in the AHL if need be . He see's Demidov's great desire to come to North America as soon as possible and is pushing back on it.

That's my cynical opinion on it anyway. I just don't trust the guy, we'll see.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
All he does is sound like a moron. Ivan’s mind is set to come to NA.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not the best game for him today - puck is bouncing a bit, couple errant puck touches.

But even on an off game, he can pull something out of nothing which is what happened late in that 2nd period. Narrowly missed the finish but it's the type of rush we rarely see out of a player in a Canadiens jersey, and he's had multiple rushes like that over 3 games. It's not a rare occurence, the kid just knows how to create offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad