Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I still think Michkov is the better on ice prospect so far in their lives ( that doesn't mean he will be better in the NHL) , Demidov just has an amazing attitude and work ethic imo , they probably don't like something about Michkov , I suppose it will leak one day

In hindsight it doesn't matter now because we have Demidov + Reinbacher so we still win in the end but without picking Demidov this year things do get a little bit more questionable
From a roster building perspective, that’s a no brainer. We cannot have a top heavy winger core, that’s not how it works. Getting the good big mobile RD (like the Hawks did this draft btw) is without question the smart option.

BPA is kinda iffy when you choose to build through the draft. I know “trades exists bla-bla-bla” speech but the value of good RD and C doesn’t lie; they are tough and costly to acquire.

In a vacuum I guess you can say Michkov above Rein, but from a builder’s perspective, it didn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Ask and you shall receive!
VwmMrJ.gif

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Just how good is this guy, this is insane. I’ve never seen a prospect as good as him on the Habs. Jack Hughes X Kaprizov is actually accurate lol

Thank god Laine is there cause it’s gonna be a long year

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Just how good is this guy, this is insane. I’ve never seen a prospect as good as him on the Habs. Jack Hughes X Kaprizov is actually accurate lol

Thank god Laine is there cause it’s gonna be a long year
The guy is destroying legit KHL teams at a 2 points a game pace during the illustrious world-renowned Pushkov tournament no less.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
There’s no doubt in my mind that Demidov is much better for us and our team is trending so well that Michkov’s success is no threat to us and almost irrelevant.

The Demidov vs Michkov threads are just diversions to temporarily pacify disgruntled fans from around the NHL.
One think i have notice. is that no one talk about the size and weight difference between those 2. Demidov is 6ft1 and 192 IBS. This is a huge difference for our top 6. Before Laine trade, we had multiple small forward with Caufield, rhp, Newhook and Gally.

With Laine trade, Dach coming back from injury, Slaf and Demidov coming in next year. We finally have size and skills in the top 6.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Yeah, it’s crazy i saw him play all last season and near the end of the season he was taller but he looks even taller now than he was in march/april lol

Maybe he changed the posture of his skating a little
Before the draft. Demidov has at 5ft11 in hockey DB.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
What is everyone’s thoughts on Demidov at c? Seems the organization thinks he has potential as one.

I think I’d prefer him stay a winger, personally. I want him as unrestricted as possible for max offensive potential.
They will try Dach and Newhook at center this year. If it does not work. I can see kent trying to trade for a #2 center. Unless, Demidov play at center in Russia and excel at it.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
They have drafted some solid players over the past 50 years but I think Demidov is on another level.

Level? More like stratosphere as far as prospects go. Last time I was super excited about a prospect it was Saku, and that pales in comparison to Demidov. (was only 5 when we drafted Lafleur)

Price was a great pick, but I didn't feel the same intitial juice, as we already had Theodore and goalies don't excite you the same in a draft, especially a top 5 pick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad