Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
It's not that I didn't like ol Cayden..

But God damn I could not thank the Blue Jackets enough for taking the decision out of our hands
(And thanks for Laine too :D, I should start being nicer to CBL actually lol)

Not a great start for them, compared to what the Demigod is already showing us lol
Ignoring his injuries woes, Lindstrom was interesting to me if we had no shot at Demidov. But if we did go down that road, there was a distinct possibility we would open that can of worms.

Reactions: Redux91

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
It's not that I didn't like ol Cayden..

But God damn I could not thank the Blue Jackets enough for taking the decision out of our hands
(And thanks for Laine too :D, I should start being nicer to CBL actually lol)

Not a great start for them, compared to what the Demigod is already showing us lol
Back injuries are no joke. I’m sorry for the kid, he deserves to play to his full potential, but as a franchise we lucked out.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Knees, ankles, wrists, shoulders, most joints, can be fixed and the player comes back as good.

Backs are a whole new ballgame. I've had a bad back on and off for most of my adult life. It comes and goes and can be screwed by just the most random movement. I hope Lindstrom does the work to strengthen his back and hopefully prevent future injuries.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The best strenght of Demidov, that's his hockey IQ, he think very fast, he play fast. Amazing playmaker. I see in him 55a++ per year type of player. His shot looks very very good, I can't see why he can't score 30-35g per year, maybe more. If he continue to progress his shot.

No doubt, Demidov is looking like a 90-100 pts type of player, for sure. His skillset is too good and the best thing about that, he is a work harder. He is a leader aswell.

We are lucky to grab him at 5, that's a easily top 2 talent in a most of draft, even 1st overall talent.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Those of us harping on the severity of Lindstrom's back injury before the draft seemingly got further traction today, with today's news. I wish him well, but he may need the kind of state-of-the-art procedure (German clinic) that we mentioned. Quite a miss by Trevor Timmins, if so.
Really sucks for the kid, rooting for him, but that is exactly why I didn't have him in my top 10 predraft (and got called out pretty hard because of it).

Lumbar herniated disks are complicated to manage and source of chronic pain and disabilities for people doing regular life stuff... The risks of it derailing the career of an athlete that plays a physical, contact sport is way too high for any team to pick him instead of a similarly talented kid, especially in that top 10.

Anyways, wish him the best.

Everyone had Demidov at #2 so everyone is happy, let's turn the page.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Really sucks for the kid, rooting for him, but that is exactly why I didn't have him in my top 10 predraft (and got called out pretty hard because of it).

Lumbar herniated disks are complicated to manage and source of chronic pain and disabilities for people doing regular life stuff... The risks of it derailing the career of an athlete that plays a physical, contact sport is way too high for any team to pick him instead of a similarly talented kid, especially in that top 10.

I had you in mind with that post. I remember how polarized the discussion got. What we are seeing now aligns with what you and I were writing then. My intuition tells me that he is going to opt for that Eichel-style procedure, though in the lumbar area (not cervical) which is no picnic given the forces involved there, especially in a contact sport.

Imagine in a parallel world with Timmins doing the picking for us, he would have balked at Demidov and picked orthopedically challenged Lindstrom for the Habs!:skeptic:

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Was so glad when CBJ picked Lindstrom.

Treated non-surgically so far. Wonder if surgery is on the horizon.
That’s the whole reason for all this. They want to take additional time for rehab because they want avoid surgery and don’t want to take the chance of him aggravating it or re-injuring it at this critical juncture in the rehabilitation process.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

Perhaps a vertebral fusion would be the best solution if it requires surgery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad