Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
How this guy was been available at 5, that's shocking.

His skillset are incredible!!
We'll never know what happened in his other interviews but he came prepared for the habs, he even had watched clips of Hutson, he knew the team. We know Bobrov visited his family several times last season.

I don't see how if he interviewed like that, people took Senecke. Okieeee.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We'll never know what happened in his other interviews but he came prepared for the habs, he even had watched clips of Hutson, he knew the team. We know Bobrov visited his family several times last season.

Ducks don't draft Russians under Verbeek and they were looking specifically for a right shot. It was a happy circumstance for us.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Hawks, Ducks and Columbus have made great pick for their teams, but over a guy like Demidov, who can become a superstar type of guy. Habs was just been very lucky to grab that type of player at 5.

Slafkovsky and Demidov are going to be a duo threat to watch, for sure.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Hawks, Ducks and Columbus have made great pick for their teams, but over a guy like Demidov, who can become a superstar type of guy. Habs was just been very lucky to grab that type of player at 5.

I was sooo impressed with Demidov, little things, like when Hughes says He is really excited to meet you Vinny, from your days in kazan, it is Demidov who says 2004? You guys realize ... how much of a hockey crazy nut you have to be to know Lecavalier played AK Bars Kazan in 2004? The amount of research he had to have done on the Habs to know THAT.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

Yeah to think after the draft lottery we lost our chance at him, was glad we didn't drop but was bummed we couldn't move up. It was always about Demidov for me. I'd be torn at #1 even with Celebrini. 2 was the sweet spot.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HomaridII

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I was sooo impressed with Demidov, little things, like when Hughes says He is really excited to meet you Vinny, from your days in kazan, it is Demidov who says 2004? You guys realize ... how much of a hockey crazy nut you have to be to know Lecavalier played AK Bars Kazan in 2004? The amount of research he had to have done on the Habs to know THAT.

The sub titles do say that it was demidov who said '2004?', though the scene seems a little cut up and it's difficult to say what might have been said in between what they showed.

1724516940612.png

I couldn't tell if Hughes was being serious regarding Demidov knowing about Vinny's time in Russia or talking shit. :laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Shred and HomaridII

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I don't give a crap about Michkov. :sarcasm:

Just sayin' if a fan of SKA I'd be heavily annoyed. I want to watch the best players on my team regardless how long they're there, much like the junior leagues here in Canada. If they're only here for a season or two, so be it.

Entertain me and try to win. Ice the best players.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Just sayin' if a fan of Ska, I'd be heavily annoyed. I want to watch the best players on my team regardless how long they're there, much like the junior leagues here in Canada. If they're only here for a season or two so be it.

Entertain me.
They are apparently all about winning but it's not something they are actually doing at least in the post season.
They got soundly beat in round two by a team they should have handled easily.
Nepotism at it's finest. :laugh:

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The sub titles do say that it was demidov who said '2004?', though the scene seems a little cut up and it's difficult to say what might have been said in between what they showed.

View attachment 902941

I couldn't tell if Hughes was being serious regarding Demidov knowing about Vinny's time in Russia or talking shit. :laugh:
Or when Demidov is explaining the difference between he and Hutson lol, sounded like he was being jokingly sarcastic with Hughes like : cuz you know... I'm forward.. and he's defenseman.. yes?" With a big ol smile lol

He really is too good to be true.. it's tough to shake lol..

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Or when Demidov is explaining the difference between he and Hutson lol, sounded like he was being jokingly sarcastic with Hughes like : cuz you know... I'm forward.. and he's defenseman.. yes?" With a big ol smile lol

He really is too good to be true.. it's tough to shake lol..
Hughes' response was hilarious "You can both hang-out at the blue line" :laugh:
Hutson is going to need a lot of ass covering from his wingers...

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
It's hard not to get overhyped on him.

We're seeing him hold his own and produce against men now, even on a very weak team.
His far side sniping looks just as lethal as it did in juniors, he has no hesitation to attack the center of the ice even when it's contested and he's making KHL level defenders look stupid by outsmarting them.

He's got good size, good skating, fantastic playmaking, a deadly shot, incredibly high hockey IQ and good compete. He might not be as prolific of a goalscorer as Michkov will probably be, but I have a feeling I'd much rather have a prime Demidov on my team for a playoff run than a prime Michkov.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Yeah that's whats so exciting about him , he studies the game , has a killer mentality . I think that's what's really special about him , very kobe-esque. Some kids are just amazing at hockey , this kid wants to be the best in the world

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's hard not to get overhyped on him.

We're seeing him hold his own and produce against men now, even on a very weak team.
His far side sniping looks just as lethal as it did in juniors, he has no hesitation to attack the center of the ice even when it's contested and he's making KHL level defenders look stupid by outsmarting them.

He's got good size, good skating, fantastic playmaking, a deadly shot, incredibly high hockey IQ and good compete. He might not be as prolific of a goalscorer as Michkov will probably be, but I have a feeling I'd much rather have a prime Demidov on my team for a playoff run than a prime Michkov.
There is not a doubt in my mind he is and will be a far better fit for our team than Michkov.
Not that the Michov gang will ever admit to being wrong about something.
We knew we obviously knew...

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
There is not a doubt in my mind he is and will be a far better fit for our team than Michkov.

Hindsight is 20/20

As president of the Michkov club in his draft year, Demidov wasn't even a thought in my head. It was about a bird in hand type of thing, I wanted that skilled forward we've all be clamouring for forever. We were extremely fortunate Demidov landed in our laps.

It all worked out for the better though, you're right. I'd rather Demidov/Reinbacher than whoever they pair with Michkov. Demidov is far more aesthetically pleasing for my hockey eye. He's perfect for the Montreal market. He's that guy.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hindsight is 20/20

As president of the Michkov club in his draft year, Demidov wasn't even a thought in my head. It was about a bird in hand type of thing, I wanted that skilled forward we've all be clamouring for forever. We were extremely fortunate Demidov landed in our laps.

It all worked out for the better though, you're right.
Yeah but you were not privy to the information our scouting team had.
They clearly said they had Identified Demidov the year before.
One thing they couldn't know was if we could get him or not but I don't think we passed on Michkov blindly.
Both inside the draft videos give us a good idea of how much thought and discussion goes into each selection.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Michkov can score goals like Laine. Both have off-ice baggage and can underwhelm when not scoring goals. Without Demidov and Laine, Michkov was a risk to take because of the massive gulf between Habs goals scored vs Cup contender goals scored.

It’s a moot point as Michkov would now be a bad fit. I don’t think this team can handle two head cases and there’s serious cap issue pitfalls that would be looming.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Yeah but you were not privy to the information our scouting team had.
They clearly said they had Identified Demidov the year before.
One thing they couldn't know was if we could get him or not but I don't think we passed on Michkov blindly.
Both inside the draft videos give us a good idea of how much thought and discussion goes into each selection.

That's fair, I no longer care about Michkov either, I decided to give Hughes the benefit of the doubt soon after they passed on Michkov anyway. Love where we're going here.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
That's fair, I no longer care about Michkov either, I decided to give Hughes the benefit of the doubt after they passed on Michkov anyway. Love where we're going here.
At the time, I would have taken Michkov for the same reason I like Laine now. We need the goals and one oddball only is not enough to sink a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad