Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Interesting article.
Yes. Especially the part about him being the potential subject to a "secret loan" (my translation) to another team. All this seems fishy, but then, the KHL rules about anything are always difficult to follow.

The habs are going to let that whole situation resolve by itself and pick that kid up as soon as SKA sees no use for him in their big club. All we have to do is be patient, because honestly, there's nothing else both us and HuGo can do.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yes. Especially the part about him being the potential subject to a "secret loan" (my translation) to another team. All this seems fishy, but then, the KHL rules about anything are always difficult to follow.

The habs are going to let that whole situation resolve by itself and pick that kid up as soon as SKA sees no use for him in their big club. All we have to do is be patient, because honestly, there's nothing else both us and HuGo can do.
💯 % agree

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Not sure why media is talking about illegal loans. SKA can just trade Demidov to another KHL club. It's what they did with Marat Khusnutdinov last season when he wasn't playing quality minutes.

Khusnutdinov (during last year of contract) was traded to Sochi, then SKA re-aquired his rights in a trade in the off-season.

Loans ≠ trades

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Because apparently it’s not enough to be the best player on the team to crack the SKA roster.:teach2:

If you think it's sarcasm then you're wrong. It was the exact situation with Michkov. He scored more points for Sochi than any SKA forward... alright, not more points but better PPG.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
I think what the article alludes to is that these two trades where, behind the scenes, actually an unofficial loan.

What two trades? I dunno maybe somethings getting lost in google translate.

Edit: Ah, you mean Khusnutdinov. Those weren't unofficial loans.
Khusnutdinov was traded to Sochi for Rendulic. Then his contract expired and he went to Minnesota Wild. SKA later re-aqired his rights in a trade for the Fedotov brothers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goldthorpe

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Pretty funny as well going back over GTDs over the last 2ish years.

So many fans insisting HuGo was sitting on their hands. Not tanking hard enough. We missed Michkov. Slafkovsky’s debacle of a first year.

To see where they started and where they are now, nothing short of a masterclass. I personally never thought it would be possible to turn this ship around so well
We were behind four other teams.

Let’s not kid ourselves

Reactions: Beer and Chips

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
We were behind four other teams.

Let’s not kid ourselves

On the other hand until mid February the Habs were on a point per game pace. The biggest problems last year were the 3 goalie tandem (Allen *cough*), the Dach injury, no depth after the first line, and defensive immaturity. Besides the bottom six probably sucking, most of those will get better. I'm not crazy enough the predict playoffs but right now I will confidently set the over/under at 87.5 points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad