Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
It's so funny that Bergevin was saying "it's not playstation" when Hughes is running the team like it is and succeeding in doing so lmao
Having a GM with a law degree who has experience communicating with GMs, not teammates in a locker room (not bashing former players here just stating facts) is what we're seeing here. I mean look at the deal Hughes got Nurse, the guy is a master negotiator and it's a very important skill for a modern day GM.

Bergevin is right, trades are hard to complete in the NHL which is why you need exceptionel communication skills, that is not something he possesses.

The results speak for themselves.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Still feels surreal to me that we have this kind of talent in our prospect pool and added Hage and Laine in the same summer. One year of Kovalev is basically the closest thing we've had to this kind of talent in my lifetime.

Same for me. It feels funny to see all the excitement on this board after years of mediocre talent.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Same for me. It feels funny to see all the excitement on this board after years of mediocre talent.
Best part is it feels like we pulled off a real heist after getting that rare top RD prospect in Reinbacher as well. That's the kind of piece that a ton of rebuilding and even contending teams desperately wish they could have. You look at Edmonton contending with Ekholm as their #1, Toronto going after Jake McCabe and 34 year old Chris Tanev as their big additions on D, having Reinbacher (and Guhle) already in the system, getting a huge size/skill outlier in Slafkovsky, and then adding Demidov (and Laine + Hage) to fill out the high-end skill elements we lacked is just an incredible turn of events in a few short years.

We've managed to basically hit all those luxury items and still get the game breaker we needed and Suzuki has taken a step to the point where finding a better 1C is not an absolute must anymore. Can't believe this is where we are when as recent as 2019-20 we were still using Jordan Weal on PP1. We even seemed to get lucky with the secondary elements for Demidov, he seems excited by the spotlight and at least outwardly appears to have the drive to improve, what a gift to be able to find this player without having to completely gut our roster to ultra tank.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
It's crazy how other teams fan base hate MTL, I went back 2-3 days before the draft and read ALL the mock drafts and litterally everyone said CHI would be really stupid to pass up on Demidov, Bedard and Demidov could be the best duo in the league and then we draft him and suddenly he will never come over, he is not better than Michkov and he will not succeed in NA

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The extended video of Demidov's game today was great. He was still creating chances almost every shift. Did Sochi ice players that normally play in the KHL?

Yeah, Sochi atually looked much better during the game than U23, but they couldn't capitalize all the moments while Team Russia could. It was obvious that a KHL team played vs mostly VHL young players. Other teams are gonna be even tougher than Sochi, especially SKA and AK Bars. Kunlun looks solid this season as well.

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Yeah, Sochi atually looked much better during the game than U23, but they couldn't capitalize all the moments while Team Russia could. It was obvious that the KHL team played vs mostly VHL young players. Other teams are gonna be even tougher than Sochi, especially SKA and AK Bars. Kunlun looks solid this season as well.

Are the KHL squads icing something close to their expected regular season roster in this tourney?

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Best part is it feels like we pulled off a real heist after getting that rare top RD prospect in Reinbacher as well. That's the kind of piece that a ton of rebuilding and even contending teams desperately wish they could have. You look at Edmonton contending with Ekholm as their #1, Toronto going after Jake McCabe and 34 year old Chris Tanev as their big additions on D, having Reinbacher (and Guhle) already in the system, getting a huge size/skill outlier in Slafkovsky, and then adding Demidov (and Laine + Hage) to fill out the high-end skill elements we lacked is just an incredible turn of events in a few short years.

We've managed to basically hit all those luxury items and still get the game breaker we needed and Suzuki has taken a step to the point where finding a better 1C is not an absolute must anymore. Can't believe this is where we are when as recent as 2019-20 we were still using Jordan Weal on PP1. We even seemed to get lucky with the secondary elements for Demidov, he seems excited by the spotlight and at least outwardly appears to have the drive to improve, what a gift to be able to find this player without having to completely gut our roster to ultra tank.

Pretty funny as well going back over GTDs over the last 2ish years.

So many fans insisting HuGo was sitting on their hands. Not tanking hard enough. We missed Michkov. Slafkovsky’s debacle of a first year.

To see where they started and where they are now, nothing short of a masterclass. I personally never thought it would be possible to turn this ship around so well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad