Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Jesus he’s insane. He’s gonna be one of those guys that are like just below a generational player.
My preferred description of him from draft day was on Sportsnet:

"A bulldog with elite skill"

I don't remember who it was but essentially he explained that this guy wants the puck when the team is down 1, he wants to make the difference. That's why he called him a bulldog with elite skill.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He looks big out there. And this is vs men.
I know someone else who looks big out there amongst men

1cd6b0ea-2917-472f-90be-c685d789bebe-pierre_mcguire.JPG

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Bergevin is an idiot and the only person who didn't see it was the guy who hired him.

I mean Chicago did have him as an assistant GM. He was getting a job no matter what ever if it wasn't with the Habs with how revered the Hawks were

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The extended video of Demidov's game today was great. He was still creating chances almost every shift. Did Sochi ice players that normally play in the KHL?

that was their stating goalie in net. From last years team they lost 2 of their top scorers to the NHL in Michkov and Khusnutdinov, out of the remaining top 6 scorers, 4 were in the lineup today.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Nah, it was all part of the big plan, he avoided showing it, in order to fell to us. Now he can unleash the bomb. :popcorn:
I'm starting to believe this conspiracy theory is a lot more than a theory. The casual way in which Bobrov and Demidov grinned at each other after the interview just strikes me as extremely familiar. Maybe even familiar enough to casually suggest a couple ways in which Demidov could throw up a few "red flags" in interviews with the other teams.

Frankly, I'd be shocked if this didn't happen more. Michkov made it clear he wouldn't play for certain teams, but maybe Demidov just wanted to be a bit less obvious about it.

• Love
Reactions: Shred

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Bergevin is an idiot and the only person who didn't see it was the guy who hired him.
Chances are his fingerprints were all over that PLD disaster in L.A.
I won't be surprised to see him being quietly moved out when his contract is coming to an end.
Will he find work after that?

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
My bad.. the website I was looking at had the extra two years hidden.

What's with the laughing emoji? You focus on belittling others? If so, put me on ignore and don't talk to me. I got no time for that style of poster.
95% of the post is politely correcting you without any malice or mockery, so how can you possibly justify accusing this person of "focusing" on belittling you? If you're going to get this upset over such an insignificant interaction, you should probably just avoid the internet. I don't know if your delicate constitution can handle it.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I just watched @montreal 's video of the recent Demidov preseason game.

It was very very good. The game is against Sochi, so maybe close to KHL competition. As most know, Demidov captains the U23 team. He is far ahead of all the other players. He wears #11. His teammate #18 (didnt get to see his name) looks quite good as well.

At various times in the video, I thought: wow, this kid is so dynamic. Wow, his brain and hands are so fast. It's so hard to take the puck away from him. He is so active, constantly moving and trying to make a play. He doesn't make many bad decisions (although he fumbles the puck at times, of course, but his decision making seems to be on point). His skating could use some improvement.

Here are all the thoughts I had watching the video. Without noticeable skating improvements, Demidov is probably a very good NHL player. However, if he can improve his skating to, let's say, Suzuki's level, he will be a superstar. His skills and brains are something we haven't seen in a long time in Montreal. Suzuki has the brain and quite a few skills, but Demidov is a level higher in quite a few areas.

Very exciting prospect.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
At least one of the scout sees a potential 1C in him as we saw in the draft video. Do you guys believe they'll try him as a center? If so, I presume they'd start him as 3C and then convert a C to wing

It does feel cumbersome though, as salivating the thought of him as a franchise can be, I don't think they'll try a C experiment

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
At least one of the scout sees a potential 1C in him as we saw in the draft video. Do you guys believe they'll try him as a center? If so, I presume they'd start him as 3C and then convert a C to wing

It does feel cumbersome though, as salivating the thought of him as a franchise can be, I don't think they'll try a C experiment
This would be the most Montreal thing ever, draft an elite winger and then squander him by trying to force him to be a C

We have absolute zero need for Demidov to be a centre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad