Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
PHI knew that Arizona gonna take Reinbacher at 6 that's why they wanted the 5 for Reinbacher.

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
South Shore
We don’t definitively know who they would have drafted at 5. The might have taken Michkov at 5.

It was known Reinbacher wouldn't be available past 6. He was Arizona's pick, hence the strategy for Philly was to get Reinbacher at 5, knowing Michkov would be there at 7 (Michkov did not meet with the Coyotes).It would have been quite the haul.​

Reactions: Redux91

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
It was known Reinbacher wouldn't be available past 6. He was Arizona's pick, hence the strategy for Philly was to get Reinbacher at 5, knowing Michkov would be there at 7 (Michkov did not meet with the Coyotes).It would have been quite the haul.​
It's nice theory. Can't be proven that Philly wanted him unless they acknowledge it, which they never will.

PHI knew that Arizona gonna take Reinbacher at 6 that's why they wanted the 5 for Reinbacher.
See above.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Great news that he’s gonna have a role with SKA. That’s the best case scenario for his development

I mean, if the random YouTube vids of him and his girlfriend are any indication, he seems like a fairly wholesome kid.

I doubt he's going to be on the prowl/out on the town too much.
You never know with young kids.. many thing can influence those kids when they turn pro. That’s why it’s important to surround those kids with good people

Galchenyuk was seen as a great kid to when he was drafted

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Great news that he’s gonna have a role with SKA. That’s the best case scenario for his development

Gonna say it here now even though it won't matter. Comparing Demidov D+1 stats to Michkovs will not be a direct comparison. Demidov will not get the same amount of ice time or pp1 opportunities, as he will be on a better and deeper team. The one caveat is Demidov should have better linemates.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

I'm really happy with this news.

We can all expect a very good production from him, I'm hoping 35 pts++ in 45 KHL games... that would be perfect to me.

Can't wait to see his highlights in league like KHL.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Gonna say it here now even though it won't matter. Comparing Demidov D+1 stats to Michkovs will not be a direct comparison. Demidov will not get the same amount of ice time or pp1 opportunities, as he will be on a better and deeper team. The one caveat is Demidov should have better linemates.
He’s gonna play in a better environment with better installation and he will play more meaningful games. It’s more important for me that the points he will produce

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

You never know with young kids.. many thing can influence those kids when they turn pro. That’s why it’s important to surround those kids with good people

Yeah, and we didn't exactly surround him with the Kostitsyn brothers either. He went his own way and kept his own circle, regardless.

People are gonna people.

Reactions: ReHabs and tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Sure makes one question how SKA viewed the player…
looks like a spade, smells like a spade well it is a spade.....

While a few hear want to tear me apart since I dared say michkov a bad teammate, all data (articles , comments , team actions) makes inclined to believe he is .

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Galchenyuk - and for that matter all our prospects in the MB era - got negative support from the organization. High failure rate and a GM who wanted thee nickle for a dime type players.

Totally different environment now. MSL has shown the ability to get the most out of young players with talent. I see no reason why he can't do it with Demidov.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
One thing people will have to understand and come to terms with I think :
Michkov *will* most likely be the better all around goal scorer, and that's all fine
But Demidov will be the better player if that makes any sense lol
And Completely transforms our top6 for the next 15 years. The perfect fit to what we already have.
If Michkov ceiling is like 46 goals but Demidov tops at like 37 goals I won't freak out you know?

It remains to be seen how Michkovs frame can handle the NHL as well, but regardless, I deep down didn't want his attitude on our team anyway,
Demidov already seems like a way nicer and more open individual, the kind of kid you want your daughter to date
Where as with Michkov I'd be like 'ok honey that's enough..we're going inside now'

Yeah I've basically argued the same. Michkovs individual talent is probably higher specifically with goal scoring which definitely goes to michkov (not that demidov is bad, far from it). With that said michkov has a few things holding him back compared to demidov. He doesn't have a team friendly and NHL style game. He's very cerebral in how he plays and plays like a one man Army. Demidov does try to deke a bit too much sometimes because that's his ultimate strength. Having the best hands I've seen in a while. But he plays off his line mates very well whether on or off puck. He also gives effort defensively while michkov doesn't. And again when he doesn't have the puck, he's very smart with his positioning. If michkov can translate his whole game to the NHL, which I don't think he will (still think he'll be a star), he'll be better but demidovs game is made for pro and specifically the NHL. It's fast paced/high octane and very efficient. In a team setting and a playoff setting, id feel much more comfortable with Demidov but michkov may turn out to be the better player on the stat sheet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad