Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That is what I don't get about this. The guy is supposed to be the greatest thing ever (according to many frustrated Habs fans on this board), as good as Bedard, yet his team in an INFERIOR league would not play him at all.... why?? Not even try him??

I can't tell you.. unless he really is that toxic in the room.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Laval has signed one of the toughest fighters in the AHL for that reason. Remember they have Hutson who might see AHL time.
Vincent Arseneau
Laval has a chance of icing both Xhekaj brothers, Arseneau ,Mailloux ,Tuch , Struble, and Condotta at the start of the season.
Pretty safe environment for bringing in kids to play against men.

Reactions: Mudz and Habano

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
That is what I don't get about this. The guy is supposed to be the greatest thing ever (according to many frustrated Habs fans on this board), as good as Bedard, yet his team in an INFERIOR league would not play him at all.... why?? Not even try him??
They did try him.

He played 13 games for SKA in 2021-22, 3 games in 2022-23 and 1 game in 2023-24.

The interesting part is they gave him less and less games every year that passed while you would usually expect the opposite.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
The problem has always been on the NHL/Bettman side, never on the KHL side for tranfers. That’s why I would be surprised if there’s a rule you can’t break a KHL contract in the last year. Unless it’s to stick it to us, if SKA gets cash, they’ll drive Demidov to the airport with chauffeur and limo.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Because hockey teams are perfect, they never make mistakes... Maybe they ha e their reasons, maybe not.

I do think he will be a great player.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Still no sign of Ivan on the ice at the SKA camp. Jesus how bad his ankle was injured?

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
A Xhekaj won't play another AHL game.
He sure as heck shouldn’t play another game in Laval according to you and me both, but darn contracts and waiver rules being what they are, it would not surprise me one bit that he gets sent to Laval at the beginning of the season because management will be scared to put Barron or Harris on waivers.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He sure as heck shouldn’t play another game in Laval according to you and me both, but darn contracts and waiver rules being what they are, it would not surprise me one bit that he gets sent to Laval at the beginning of the season because management will be scared to put Barron or Harris on waivers.
Struble would end up in Laval before A Xhekaj I believe but your point is well taken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad