Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
If Demidov has 1 year left and SKA has no intention of playing him in the KHL then why wouldn't they agree to terminate his contract? It saves then money. He's gone next year regardless.
Aside from a player paying back the 2/3 left to break the contract in the KHL rules, there’s a clause that says the team and the player can agree to break it up with the payment of a different amount. SKA wants money. Money talks.

PS: someone kindly tell me where this “no buying out the last year of a contract” comes from, aside from message board posts, I can’t find any tangible source. Tks.

Reactions: Toene

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Honestly
I just don't see how he isn't the 3rd or 4th best Montreal Canadien already lol, no joke
But personally I'm not opposed to him staying 1 more year in Russia either
It's all good either way

I highly doubt he would be that good if he plays in the nhl this season. The MHL to NHL jump is probably the highest ever done, and Demidov didn't even get a proper summer of training since he's been injured.

I wouldn't expect more than 3rd line level production.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Save money + Gain money
It'd be cool to pull off somehow
Lord knows we got the cash.

Aside from a player paying back the 2/3 left to break the contract in the KHL rules, there’s a clause that says the team and the player can agree to break it up with the payment of a different amount. SKA wants money. Money talks.

PS: someone kindly tell me where this “no buying out the last year of a contract” comes from, aside from message board posts, I can’t find any tangible source. Tks.

Even without paying them off, I don't see why they would keep him and pay him for no reason. It's a total waste of money to keep him and pay him a year if he isn't in the KHL. Just agree to terminate and save the money. It's not like he's re-signing.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Even without paying them off, I don't see why they would keep him and pay him for no reason. It's a total waste of money to keep him and pay him a year if he isn't in the KHL. Just agree to terminate and save the money. It's not like he's re-signing.

That's why I think they'll just play him in the KHL. If he helps them win, I don't see why they wouldn't.

SKA would get its best onhockey views ever.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That was their quote but he died during his draft year and they still loaned him out to Sochi last year, and the deal is if he doesn't make the NHL that he would be loaned out again in the KHL.

That's my understanding, as well. He is still signed to the KHL. So Philly has to keep him in the NHL. If not, they need to send him back to the KHL.

Reactions: Rapala

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Maybe not a buyout/transfer but Flyers used compassionate grounds to get Michkov out of Russia. When there’s a will (and cash), there’s a way!
What a load of BS. Plus, I’m assuming his last 2 years involved decent money. This kid was able to pay that on his own? The league should look into this.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I has just dreaming that we have drafted Ivan Demidov 1st overall, when I woke up, I said to me, no way, that's just a dream, we don't have Ivan Demidov. 10 seconds later, I realized that we have drafted in reality aswell.

I say to me in my head, THANKS GOD

Screenshot_20240723_085727_Google.jpg

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I has just dreaming that we have drafted Ivan Demidov 1st overall, when I woke up, I said to me, no way, that's just a dream, we don't have Ivan Demidov. 10 seconds later, I realized that we have drafted in reality aswell.

I say to me in my head, THANKS GOD

View attachment 896528
but then you realised that your hand has flesh eating disease!
Whats up with this pic??

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
And back in the KHL they will loan him out again - so CKA will not have Michkov play for them even if he doesn't make the NHL.
Someone actually said you cant loan players in the KHL Unless you have 2 or more years left so demidov couldn't be loaned, unfortunately

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So technically, they can recall him? That’d be funny.

At the end of the year, I think yeah.. but I don't think they can recall him during the league season, kind of like if we send Kapanen back to the SHL, we can't recall him when he's got games to play in that league.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
What a load of BS. Plus, I’m assuming his last 2 years involved decent money. This kid was able to pay that on his own? The league should look into this.
They'll have a budding star in Philly selling jerseys. They couldn't care less how it got done lmao

Reactions: cphabs

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
And back in the KHL they will loan him out again - so CKA will not have Michkov play for them even if he doesn't make the NHL.
That is what I don't get about this. The guy is supposed to be the greatest thing ever (according to many frustrated Habs fans on this board), as good as Bedard, yet his team in an INFERIOR league would not play him at all.... why?? Not even try him??

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad