Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
SKA having "no interest in developing" Demidov is a ridiculously absurd notion. He'll be fine wherever he plays next year.
He’s only there for a year. Why would they invest time and money in him? It’s happened before with young Russians

Reactions: Saxon

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
He’s only there for a year. Why would they invest time and money in him? It’s happened before with young Russians
What do you actually mean? Are you saying they won't let him skate in practice? They'll bench him during games? It seems like we just want him here so bad we're just making up scenarios where it would be bad for him, and all of them are extremely unlikely.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
What do you actually mean? Are you saying they won't let him skate in practice? They'll bench him during games? It seems like we just want him here so bad we're just making up scenarios where it would be bad for him, and all of them are extremely unlikely.

I think people saw how Michkov was treated by SKA and worry that Demidov won't be given proper development opportunities because they know he's leaving and they are unable to loan him.

It sounds like Michkov was a bit of a special circumstance, and there may have been some personal issues between the two sides.

We're just going to have to wait and see. A few of the Russian posters on the main boards have expressed doubt that SKA will take him this year, but I don't think anyone knows.

Just as an aside, another benefit of getting him over this summer is he can passively keep learning English, which I think will be important to integrate into the team.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Ice time. Playing in the top 6. PP time. Obviously I didn’t mean the extreme examples you gave.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
And Chui-rien to teach him about respek and to grind deez guyz and shoot da puck at da net. He would’ve also benched him and taught him a lesson for his jeux trop individualisss.
too bad it's impossible to find a C in the NHL , GM's can go 15 years without finding one :(
Poor Bergy, dude's playing 4d chess in a 2d World, a legend.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I love Demidov. But, he is far from being on the same tier as Celebrini. He has been alone at the top for the whole year. It is more like Habs fans hyping him way to much.

It's more true than Michkov being the same tier as Bedard.

Celebrini is a tier above because he's more physically developed, his speed, details and defensive games are all suited for the NHL already.

But Demidov certainly has the higher offensive upside but no question Celebrini is the better player and the more valuable player and no one touched his tier or challenged him all year long.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
The khl reg season starts beginning of September. If by the end of September, Demidov isn't getting decent minutes, then the habs management will probably try to terminate his contract and bring him over.

You've gotta figure SKA knows this. I wonder if it changes their plan with Demidov. If they want the Habs to pay up, it could be in their best interest to keep him off the ice. Alternatively, if they really want this year of play, he'll get opportunity with the KHL team.

Reactions: Shred

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I think people saw how Michkov was treated by SKA and worry that Demidov won't be given proper development opportunities because they know he's leaving and they are unable to loan him.

It sounds like Michkov was a bit of a special circumstance, and there may have been some personal issues between the two sides.

We're just going to have to wait and see. A few of the Russian posters on the main boards have expressed doubt that SKA will take him this year, but I don't think anyone knows.

Just as an aside, another benefit of getting him over this summer is he can passively keep learning English, which I think will be important to integrate into the team.
Disagree. It is of outmost importance that he parler francais.

Reactions: Canadienna

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I agree, Honestly it would be complete disrespek if he isn't
talking about disrespect, as fans we shouldn't be proud of ourselves ;

NO thread YET to decide witch nickname we will give to Yvan Demidov . Russian factor maybe ? racism ?

Poor guy ...and peoples want him to come in that circus this season ...

train girl.jpg

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

" SKA didn't free Mitchkov to please him, they free the team of the "me myself and i " player " - a forum reader of RDS

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
I agree, Honestly it would be complete disrespek if he isn't
The last good nhl game was the last one on ps3.

Since then it's been rinse and repeat with pointless modes added through the years instead of focusing on what players want like a revemp single player career mode to begin with and bring back GM connected.

Redo the engine and put it up to date with the graphics. Nothing practically changed in that department besides adjusting updating skating and animations to pretend it's the next big next gen change righhhttt.

Use the PS5 power and bring in something new something fresh and graphically impressive with ray tracing and shit.

And lastly bring it to PC @%@$@$@

So yeah...I would be ashame to be on that cover now days. F EA! 😃

Reactions: Walrus26

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
The last good nhl game was the last one on ps3.

Since then it's been rinse and repeat with pointless modes added through the years instead of focusing on what players want like a revemp single player career mode to begin with and bring back GM connected.

Redo the engine and put it up to date with the graphics. Nothing practically changed in that department besides adjusting updating skating and animations to pretend it's the next big next gen change righhhttt.

Use the PS5 power and bring in something new something fresh and graphically impressive with ray tracing and shit.

And lastly bring it to PC @%@$@$@

So yeah...I would be ashame to be on that cover now days. F EA! 😃
Man don't get me going on an EA rant lmao. I was obsessed with those games.

I been playing every single year from 2003-2021. Only ones I missed were NHL 2004 and NHL 11. I'm a straight online VS player - didn't care for any other modes. And I ALWAYS used the Habs. Even when everyone else was selecting PIT/TBL/CHI/etc, i didn't care! It was way too fun to play as the habs. I would also play as if it was real life too. So if I was on a breakaway with Gionta for ex, i would do exactly like he does in real life (fake shot forehand, then go backhand and tuck it in). Or if I was a grinder like Travis Moen or Gallagher, I wouldn't try to dangle (even tho the game allowed you to dangle with pretty much anyone). Instead I'd carry the puck to the net, drive, try and jam the puck down low hoping for a rebound or something. Did this with all the players and made the game so so fun. SO FUN, god i miss it.

My last one was NHL 21 - probably one of my favs of all time. I was always a fan of the gameplay but that year was super fun because of the hitting physics, and how big and mean MTL was. Weber, Chiarot, Edmundson, Petry, Romanov, Staal, Perry & Armia were my goons I could always rely on.

I changed up my whole strategy and just focused 100% of my energy on hitting guys and knocking them out. And the physics were so good that year, that if you learned how to perfect hitting, you could send dudes flying all the time. Super satisfying. I would average 50-60 hits a game, QUALITY hits too and it was so funny. I'd knock a guy on his knees, then t-bag for 10 seconds waiting for his player to get up and then BAM knock him back on his knees just to be toxic. After first 5 minutes of the game once my opponent started to figure out what the hell he was in for, they would play really timid whenever they touched the puck and I would just win through shear domination. Lay the body, injure his guys, make them super fatigued and then once he has 2-3 players on their knees crawling to get up (fatigue), i would have so much open ice to just do whatever i want in the O-zone. I'd even let him get the puck in the corners (even if i had to wait a few seconds for opponent to get the puck) just so i could smoke him hahahah.

Thanks for the memories, I get goosebumps just talking about it. I am such a toxic gamer and NHL 21 scratched an itch like no other. I tried NHL 24 a few months ago but that gameplay is just so ASS and this is coming from someone that always defended the gameplay. Hitting also sucks in that game, at least in my opinion. Hated the mechanics and didn't feel satisfying at all especially compared to NHL 21.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ugh that would be such a shitty thing to do. Especially since Gally is well below the HHOF level and there have been other #11s that are better than him by miles. But we'll see, maybe Demidov picks something else.
Gallagher is a 12 year vet. Silly to criticize him if he doesn't give up his number.

Gally is totally gonna be that guy and not give him number 11 lol.
Why should he?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He’s not though.. and not as ready

skill level is on the same level imo, said so before the draft that the only player I would have to consider taking over Celebrini was Demidov but as you say he's not ready as physically he's still too easy to push off pucks. Not Mesar/Kidney/Mysak easy but too easy imo. He'll need a good bit of improvement in adding lower body strength.

I wonder how KHL compared to AHL? Is it better? Worse? Same shit different pile?

I don't like to compare development leagues to pro leagues, it's not fair to them, they should be compared to the VHL, which the AHL is clearly much better no question since it would be the best of the minor leagues.

Plus the KHL isn't exactly as strong as it was just a few years ago do to losing so many imports. If I had to pick, I would say SHL then KHL and then NL then Liiga, Czech league or DEL (I never watch the DEL so just guessing)

I love Demidov. But, he is far from being on the same tier as Celebrini. He has been alone at the top for the whole year. It is more like Habs fans hyping him way to much.

They play a very similar game imo, Demdiov could certainly end up the better player, but he needs a lot of work physically first, should not be rushed. I think Celebrini and Smith should have stayed in the NCAA for 1 more year to add more mass and strength.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad