Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Kev is the new..............SBAH!

I'm the new #1 fan of Celine Dion, All by myself, my favorite song of all the time at this moment. She drafted much better than Trevor Timmins in his all career. I would put Celine Dion at every selection. She will be able to draft James Hagens.

Demidov is the most exciting forward we have drafted since???? Richer?

Guy Lafleur 100%

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I'm the new #1 fan of Celine Dion, All by myself, my favorite song of all the time at this moment. She drafted much better than Trevor Timmins in his all career. I would put Celine Dion at every selection. She will be able to draft James Hagens.

Guy Lafleur 100%
Richer.

Go see highlights of Richer in his prime....he was flying out there.

It's strange cause people remember only his awesome shot but Richer was one the best skater in the league and had magic hands.

Like Lafleur , Richer dangeled everyone coast to coast in his prime.

The dude had 2... 50 goals season before the age of..24 years old...

Richer was so powerful...a powerful skater....6.2, 220 pounds

Unfortunately...he had mental issues .

I saw him in person 2 years ago....the dude is a physical beast....6.2..and 250 pounds now with no fat.....he is so impressive in person guys

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You didn't have fun watching the Habs win the Cup in '93? :oops:
Good point! My hockey memories are non-existent pre-94 unfortunately. I didn’t even remember that they had insane OT streak in that run.

I do remember that with the Demers hire they scored a few more goals than with Burns. Hockey in general was more fun then imo. Naslund, Richer and Courtnall were my favourite skaters then. Oddly enough I might remember them more than Vinny and Muller.

Hutson and Demidov have the potential to lift you out of your seat as much as anyone in the league. Plus you got Slaf and co. I think this group now has more entertainment value than the ones I mentioned

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Good point! My hockey memories are non-existent pre-94 unfortunately. I didn’t even remember that they had insane OT streak in that run.

I do remember that with the Demers hire they scored a few more goals than with Burns. Hockey in general was more fun then imo. Naslund, Richer and Courtnall were my favourite skaters then. Oddly enough I might remember them more than Vinny and Muller.

Hutson and Demidov have the potential to lift you out of your seat as much as anyone in the league. Plus you got Slaf and co. I think this group now has more entertainment value than the ones I mentioned
Agree 100%

For me 1993 Habs team was... i am sorry...kind of a boring team.

The Pittsburgh Penguins and Québec Nordiques were 10x more spectacular.

But.....

Now

with Caufield, Hutson, Demidov...the big Slaf....watch out....

I don't know for sure about results and achievements...but we will be so exiting!!!!!

Actually we could be the.most exiting team in the league!!!!!

Vive Lafleur

Vive Naslund

Vive Richer

Vive Kovalev

Vive Subban

Some.of them were not perfect players but I don't care...I was willing to pay to see them !!!

When Kovalev touched the puck..nobody in the Bell Center went to grab a beer or taking a piss...nobody...

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I just watch shift by shift of Demidov.
Here’s what I saw…

1. He looks really affective rushing the puck. You know that play on the powerplay? Defense goes up and drops the puck for Suzuki. Now we Suzuki and Demidov to carry the puck in.

2. His edge work is very good. The way he pivot his slide, one or two step and he breaks away the defender.

3. His hockey sense/IQ is very high. He makes very good passes and can shot very accurately.

4. He backchecks. Most offensive players don’t backcheck but I see this guy skating hard like Gallagher to break up plays.

5. He looks bigger than 5’11”. From what I can tell he looks like 6’0” or maybe 6’1”.

I’m looking forward to seeing both Demidov and Slafkovsky together. One is a power forward with offensive potential excellent down low. The other is highly offensive and creative winger.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I almost went a day without watching his draft profile, or the pick.

It's also incredible when you see people speak multiple languages and they sound like it's their mother tongue in either language. So, props to Demidov, who learned English I think just recently, like the past 2 years, maybe 1 year he's been studying/learning ?

Props to all posters here, too. It's incredible. I'm stuck here on able to communicate by using the new age primitive caveman of sending memes.

Goodnight, Demidov. There's a small percentage that you might bust, but even if you do, it was nice that the Habs had a star, or potential star on the team that wasn't well past their prime.

This offseason is also long because the Habs didn't do/haven't done really anything

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I almost went a day without watching his draft profile, or the pick.

It's also incredible when you see people speak multiple languages and they sound like it's their mother tongue in either language. So, props to Demidov, who learned English I think just recently, like the past 2 years, maybe 1 year he's been studying/learning ?

Props to all posters here, too. It's incredible. I'm stuck here on able to communicate by using the new age primitive caveman of sending memes.

Goodnight, Demidov. There's a small percentage that you might bust, but even if you do, it was nice that the Habs had a star, or potential star on the team that wasn't well past their prime.

This offseason is also long because the Habs didn't do/haven't done really anything

I still can't believe we got him..

Especially after it was confirmed he was over 6ft tall.... I thought it was 100% done right then and there.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Demidov is the most exciting forward we have drafted since???? Richer?
I don't know, Caufield was a very exciting draft pick. Not as flashy or razzle-dazzle as Demidov or Richer, but his lethal mitts had Habs fans going gaga. Also, how about Saku Koivu?

He looks bigger than 5’11”. From what I can tell he looks like 6’0” or maybe 6’1”.
Agreed. He doesn't look like a small forward at all.

Reactions: BLONG7

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Richer.

It's strange cause people remember only his awesome shot but Richer was one the best skater in the league and had magic hands.

I saw him in person 2 years ago....the dude is a physical beast....6.2..and 250 pounds now with no fat.....he is so impressive in person guys
I was always a huge fan of Richer, even those Devils years when I watched him live quite a bit. Great, great talent with a blistering shot. A treat to watch.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Guya look at this.!!

Watch those 3 goals...looks how powerful and freaking fast he was.

Not a single player on our team right now is nowhere close to him and I include Mattheson.

Man he was as spectacular as Lafleur.

Crazy how underrated Richer is...even among Habs fans

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy, Beck, Hage, F.Xhekaj, Kapanen, Heineman, Koivu, Mesar, Rohrer, Sawyer, Thorpe, Farrell, Guhle, Reinbacher, Hutson, Mailloux, Engstrom, A.Xhekaj, Konyushkov, Harris, Barron, Strubble, Protz, Fowler, Volokhin, Miller, Dobes, Vecvanags
Hmm I don't want to burst your balloon, but the team won't be made of 100% Habs draft picks... after Dach (in your list), the Habs would be lucky if there's more than 4 prospects that will become impact players in the NHL...

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hmm I don't want to burst your balloon, but the team won't be made of 100% Habs draft picks... after Dach (in your list), the Habs would be lucky if there's more than 4 impact players in the NHL...

I know that. I just want to said that Demidov and Slafkovsky will be having good supporting cast like @Tyson said.

Suzuki, Caufiel, Guhle are already there.

But Hughes need to make trades to make the team even better, but we have great prospect pool and already good players like the 3 I said just before.

Reactions: Tyson

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Guya look at this.!!

Watch those 3 goals...looks how powerful and freaking fast he was.

Not a single player on our team right now is nowhere close to him and I include Mattheson.

Man he was as spectacular as Lafleur.

Crazy how underrated Richer is...even among Habs fans

Richer was a Hall of fame talent. Unfortunately, he had significant mental health issues in the highest scrutiny market, and an era where mental health wasn't even on the radar, let alone understood.

He had a bloody shotgun in his mouth right after winning a cup with the Devils.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Richer.

I might have been a great player but as far as prospect, why was he a second round pick then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad