Prospect Info: 2024 2nd Overall - Artyom Levshunov

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
It's amazing that Blackhawks' critique of us here isn't that we disapproved of picking Levshunov over Demidov, but that we're not putting up as big a stink about it a half a year later. Our levels of dislike for that selection doesn't match his level so now he keeps bitching and whining about it and acting like he's right and we're all wrong.

Grow the hell up, shit's embarrassing.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It's amazing that Blackhawks' critique of us here isn't that we disapproved of picking Levshunov over Demidov, but that we're not putting up as big a stink about it a half a year later. Our levels of dislike for that selection doesn't match his level so now he keeps bitching and whining about it and acting like he's right and we're all wrong.

Grow the hell up, shit's embarrassing.
I am not calling anyone here out on this pick, I know most here were team Demidov, my point was this GM has to go just like his daddy Stan the man, now the rest if you have to catch up to that thought. I was calling Stan out for 6 years and calling for his head until most of you caught up. I rarely post here anymore even tho I come and read, I don’t cause most here are clueless when it comes to team management, I see the big picture, most don’t until it’s too late and they have the full 20/20 hindsight to see all the mistakes…

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I am not calling anyone here out on this pick, I know most here were team Demidov, my point was this GM has to go just like his daddy Stan the man, now the rest if you have to catch up to that thought. I was calling Stan out for 6 years and calling for his head until most of you caught up.
Most GMs are shit. How many passed on Michkov after Carlsson and Fantilli were taken? Both Montreal and Columbus passed on Demidov.

Levshunov was considered the 3rd best player by a shit ton of people. It wasn't a reach. I'd have preferred Demidov, think he has a better chance at being a difference maker and we need that up front, but picking Lev over him is better than a team like Anaheim picking a kid who was literally shocked to hear his name that early. Or Columbus picking a kid with a f***ing broken back.

Davidson's role has been mostly inoffensive. His biggest contribution is tearing things just right to where we lucked into Bedard. He has done little to show that he has or hasn't been ass at his role so far.

So I ask you, who do you want to replace him with? Give us a name of a GM who would've picked Demidov at 2nd. A GM who you wouldn't find fault with within a couple years and then dedicate the majority of your posts here to shitpost about.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
Statswatcher, what are you replying to? Learn to quote correctly.
oh don't mind me. just sharing one of my favorite posts from when i was a lurker from one of the smartest boys around. speaking of smart boys, you relitigating the panarin saad trade made me go back there and find this gem:
These trades just reopened the Hawks window
(if you're confused you can click on the blue link with the curved arrow on it to see the quoted post in its original context. hopes this helps!)

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
oh don't mind me. just sharing one of my favorite posts from when i was a lurker from one of the smartest boys around. speaking of smart boys, you relitigating the panarin saad trade made me go back there and find this gem:

(if you're confused you can click on the blue link with the curved arrow on it to see the quoted post in its original context. hopes this helps!)
Him being anti-vax is about the biggest endorsement to get vaxxed that I think anyone here could get.

Reactions: statswatcher

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Him being anti-vax is about the biggest endorsement to get vaxxed that I think anyone here could get.
you clearly don't understand, you poor, pitiful herd animal. he's already demonstrated his superior intellect by being more correct than other posters on a hockey forum half a decade ago. now you have to take him seriously when he implies that perhaps the most important medical technology of the modern era is little better than an ignorant folk superstition.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Most GMs are shit. How many passed on Michkov after Carlsson and Fantilli were taken? Both Montreal and Columbus passed on Demidov.

Levshunov was considered the 3rd best player by a shit ton of people. It wasn't a reach. I'd have preferred Demidov, think he has a better chance at being a difference maker and we need that up front, but picking Lev over him is better than a team like Anaheim picking a kid who was literally shocked to hear his name that early. Or Columbus picking a kid with a f***ing broken back.

Davidson's role has been mostly inoffensive. His biggest contribution is tearing things just right to where we lucked into Bedard. He has done little to show that he has or hasn't been ass at his role so far.

So I ask you, who do you want to replace him with? Give us a name of a GM who would've picked Demidov at 2nd. A GM who you wouldn't find fault with within a couple years and then dedicate the majority of your posts here to shitpost about.
No wonder those teams are bottom feeders, if they had good GMs they wouldn’t be bottom feeders so it’s not good to compare ourselves to them. Montreal did pick Demidov.

Davidson has shown a great deal that he is garbage, look at his offseason signings, meh at best, not picking Demidov, not signing Kane, I don’t understand how you don’t see that as major flaws? Look at the team play right now, he has had enough time to create a team that is competing for a playoff spot but we are still bottom feeders.

I can’t give you a name right now, I would need to study who’s out there, I don’t follow other teams all that much, I barely have time to follow this team and analyze all the moves made, but I can tell you he’s not it, the faster we get rid of him the better because with him at the helm we are not winning anything.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Ok but why are you quoting something from 3 years ago? I still stand by that statement and looking with 20/20 hindsight a lot of people wouldn’t get vaxxed now looking back, or maybe I am wrong? I am sure many people regret getting that shot.

Reactions: Dempsey

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
No wonder those teams are bottom feeders, if they had good GMs they wouldn’t be bottom feeders so it’s not good to compare ourselves to them. Montreal did pick Demidov.

Davidson has shown a great deal that he is garbage, look at his offseason signings, meh at best, not picking Demidov, not signing Kane, I don’t understand how you don’t see that as major flaws? Look at the team play right now, he has had enough time to create a team that is competing for a playoff spot but we are still bottom feeders.

I can’t give you a name right now, I would need to study who’s out there, I don’t follow other teams all that much, I barely have time to follow this team and analyze all the moves made, but I can tell you he’s not it, the faster we get rid of him the better because with him at the helm we are not winning anything.
So you don't know enough about the sport to casually name drop a few gms who you think could be noticeably better options; ones that potentially would have picked Demidov with that 2nd overall pick, but you still think you have enough expertise to criticize not only Kyle Davidson, but the majority of posters here?

You are all talk and the conversations are not that riveting.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So you don't know enough about the sport to casually name drop a few gms who you think could be noticeably better options; ones that potentially would have picked Demidov with that 2nd overall pick, but you still think you have enough expertise to criticize not only Kyle Davidson, but the majority of posters here?

You are all talk and the conversations are not that riveting.

I know a move is good or bad and I know which moves I would have made. I can criticize him based on his moves or lack of moves, that’s easy, for most they don’t have the vision, they don’t know if moves are good or bad until a year or two or more later. I am all talk but I have the history to back it up. Go look at the plethora of the garbage Stan moves and my reactions to them, go look at the good moves and my reaction to them, they are spot on. You can stay in denial but I have been right all along.

Ajex12x

Mar 18, 2023
I am not calling anyone here out on this pick, I know most here were team Demidov, my point was this GM has to go just like his daddy Stan the man, now the rest if you have to catch up to that thought. I was calling Stan out for 6 years and calling for his head until most of you caught up. I rarely post here anymore even tho I come and read, I don’t cause most here are clueless when it comes to team management, I see the big picture, most don’t until it’s too late and they have the full 20/20 hindsight to see all the mistakes…
Yeah you should go back into hiding. Download Hockey League Manager 25 and live there

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Did you oppose Panarin trade? Nope, I was right you were wrong like 99% of you here were, you are nit picking stupid crap. The thread is still for everyone to see, most here were ecstatic for that trade, look at Panarin now, 120 points last year. Look at Davidson now, making dumb mistakes and everyone is still on the “he didn’t have enough time” train, but he’s garbage like his teacher, it’s not hard to see. It’s time for a complete reset, all these clowns have to go, maybe the ownership needs to go cause they are just as clueless…
99% of the people didn't call Saad a super star. You win some you lose some.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Ok but why are you quoting something from 3 years ago? I still stand by that statement and looking with 20/20 hindsight a lot of people wouldn’t get vaxxed now looking back, or maybe I am wrong? I am sure many people regret getting that shot.
well if i have to believe everything you say because you were right five years ago, why wouldn't i bring up something you said three years ago? i need to start studying your wise sayings, o omniscient prophet of medieval virology.

Last edited:

Putt Pirate

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 15, 2015
Davidson was going to take Demidov at 4. He just couldn't pull off the trade.
Musto is 100% correct. This was widely reported after the draft but Columbus was real high on Lidstrom I believe. Wasnt it our 2nd 1st pick this year and our first first next year to try and trade up and they say no. What do ya do?!?!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Musto is 100% correct. This was widely reported after the draft but Columbus was real high on Lidstrom I believe. Wasnt it our 2nd 1st pick this year and our first first next year to try and trade up and they say no. What do ya do?!?!
I think it was our 2025 1st, not the Toronto one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad