La Liga 24/25 thread

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I said before El Clasico to a friend, I think the match up is very binary - who scores first, could pile on goals by the end of the game.

On paper, Ancelotti was right to go for the american football tactic, QB deep passes and "wide receivers" Vini and Mbappe running in behind the Barca high line.
That works if:
- they score their chances (they had them, they just didn't capitalize)
- they go offside maybe 50-60& of the time, not almost every time lol

However, he gave up the middle of the park to play that way, didn't even try to play.
By the time Modric came on, game was gone.
Mendy messed up the offside trap, Vasquez just isn't a RB in these type of games, and that was that.

I wouldn't blame Mbappe, s**t happens, he missed some chances, Vini missed a sitter at 0-0, etc.
Madrid scores first and it could have been 4-0 the other way.

But they didn't and Barca did.
Lewa keeps scoring, Raphinha continues his excellent form, Yamal is basically as good at 17 was Mbappe was IMO, and their youngsters keep delivering.

All of that though, is made possible by Flick. Their style of play, as long as they don't fall behind early, is going to grind teams down and the inferior teams in La Liga are more likely to go home with 4 or 5 in the back of the net, than a 0-0 draw.
They may (or may not) get blown up by City or someone in the CL if they fall behind.. But maybe they just do a Bayern 2020 and keep winning.
Whatever happens, they're fun to watch and they score a stupid amount of goals.

Deserved win for Barca, and they've been much more convincing in the league than Madrid this season anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad