Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Toffoli has made it clear what his priorities are at this point in his career. Winning is unimportant. What matters is getting paid as much as possible in a comfortable market with no pressure.
I'll be honest... I've been in my career 21 years and at this point, I'm nowhere near as motivated as I was when I was a young buck to grow my business

Toffoli already won his cup. I have nothing against him playing out his career in a nice place with no pressure. I'm kinda jealous, actually lol. Sounds like a nice arrangement

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll be honest... I've been in my career 21 years and at this point, I'm nowhere near as motivated as I was when I was a young buck to grow my business

Toffoli already won his cup. I have nothing against him playing out his career in a nice place with no pressure. I'm kinda jealous, actually lol. Sounds like a nice arrangement
And I didn't make a judgement, just commenting on his priorities as I see them. Hell living in Southern California making $4 M a year playing a game isn't the worst way to make a living.

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Then you likely will have to trade him. These guys know the game. You go max term and then if you get bought out at the end you still get 2/3 of the salary the last year or 2 then you can sign where you want cheap. Term is king in your late 20s and early 30s.

Yes, they know the game. They try to get the contracts structured to make them immune to buyouts. So far Chevy has managed to avoid this, but it is becoming the norm.

I trade him before going longer than that. I hope Chevy won't go longer than that either. I doubt he trades him. Certainly not if they are in a strong PO position.

Anything is possible but who do you see Chevy getting for him under those circumstances? What team is going to give up an equally productive player in exchange? Chevy won't accept futures, not even near ready ones. I just don't see it. That leaves the own rental path.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think keeping Ehlers as a rental even if he won't sign is the way. Who cares about a late 1st that will be ready once our hall of fame goalie is in his late 30s.

The jets have a real shot at a cup this year and Ehlers is a big part of that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad