Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Would you be willing to trade Ehlers for fair value? Or is he too important as the 2nd line driver?
My first choice would be to re-sign Ehlers as he is one of my favourite players and I think he plays an important role on the team. I also think it would be a mistake for Chevy to let him walk to free agency, so yes I would be willing to trade Ehlers for value.

Reactions: weslox

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Compelling argument but the real solution is an actual 2C. Give Brad 20 games in the A and if he continues his progress you have 2C until then dont fix a winning team

Brad didn't look 20 AHL games away from being ready for NHL 2C in TC. He didn't look like a lock to ever be an NHL 2C. He showed promise but that is well short of being a lock. He looked like a full AHL season away from a sheltered winger role in the NHL for a season before moving to 2C IF he continues to progress.

• Haha
Reactions: nabby12

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well Names will be 32 y/o next month and has averaged 34 points over 82 games throughout his career so I don’t think that anyone should consider him a solution as a #2 Center. I’m not sure about Perfetti but the organization should be strategizing on how to jumpstart his career not give him even worse usage.

I don't think anyone considers Names to be any more than a placeholder at 2C - but he did pretty well there last year.

With the obvious recognition by the org that 2C needs to be a priority I'm a little surprised that Vilardi hasn't been tried there.

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad