Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Like I said, he will win coach of the year this season.
I think ironically Keefe will win, because the Jack Adams generally favours the best 'bounceback' stories. NJ was shit last year and injury riddled with no goaltending, this year they've got goaltending and if they stay healthy they likely win the division with Keefe.

Reactions: Obo and Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I don’t think there is anything Berube can do in this regular season that would win him a Jack Adams. Not because I don’t think he’s gonna do a good job, I just think the media is already falling all over themselves to anoint the Devils.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

'We Don't Want To Get Complacent': Maple Leafs' Head Coach Craig Berube Stops Practice In Ongoing Effort To Keep Club Focused Ahead Of Game Against Rangers​

Berube hasn't been shy of cracking the whip when he feels the team is getting away from their structure.

On Friday, ahead of their game against the New York Rangers, Berube again demonstrated his commitment to high standards, halting practice twice when he observed lapses in judgment during drills.

"We don't want to get complacent, right? That's the biggest thing. Staying sharp," Berube explained. "I stopped it a couple of times. Just execution for me, you know, being sharp and executing.

"It sort of goes back to the last game and 5-0. You take your foot off the gas a little bit. That's where we got to get. We don't want to do that."

Absolutely what this team has needed

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I don’t see any reason to think it wouldn’t have gone positively

When it comes to the best goal scorer in the world, suggesting he reduces his goal total for two way play will affect his stats, legacy and likely his next contract. I’m sure he’ll focus on being better defensively but not at the cost of his goal totals

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
When it comes to the best goal scorer in the world, suggesting he reduces his goal total for two way play will affect his stats, legacy and likely his next contract. I’m sure he’ll focus on being better defensively but not at the cost of his goal totals
Ideally by now Matthews would be very tired of losing in the playoffs, and willing to do whatever it takes to earn the rank of Stanley Cup Champion.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think ironically Keefe will win, because the Jack Adams generally favours the best 'bounceback' stories. NJ was shit last year and injury riddled with no goaltending, this year they've got goaltending and if they stay healthy they likely win the division with Keefe.
In any other situation, I would completely agree with you, and you may end up being right. My theory, however, is that Berube will win because the hockey media loves him, far more than they love Keefe. The latter may get sympathy votes, but I think the media will be heavily weighted in Berube's favour.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Keefe was kinda embarrassing in the dressing room.
it was frequently awkward.
Im sure in 10 years he will be better. Which is another reason you dont hire a rookie coach who has limited professional experience as a player.

You can tell Berube has been in the game a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad