Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
Soooooo whats the over under on Ville killin it in TC and taking Stanleys spot?

A boy can dream

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think Ville starts more games than Stanley.
Too bad we don't have someone else to play with JMo and we could pair up DD with Ville.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

A boy can dream
Likely comes down to reg season play - TC/preseason are what get you that reg season tryout but don't provide anything beyond that.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012

A boy can dream
Ville should look good in TC playing against AHLers. He's already been that good for a while. People will be all whipped up about the things he does with the puck on his stick.

None of that matters. Ville needs to show he can play defense. He needs to show he can go into the corner and come out with it. So far teams just throw the puck in his corner, he let's them get there first and he gives them too much space. He just hopes for the puck to get moved somewhere else.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Sorry if this was mentioned last thread...

"A contact of mine in Winnipeg who has knowledge of the conversations says that Adam Henrique turned down a two-year, $3.5m contract from the Winnipeg Jets at free agency this summer. Instead, he opted for the Oilers on a 2-year, $3m deal to stay in Edmonton. While $500k may not seem like a lot in an $88m cap world, that is about two thirds that of a minimum salaried player," Leavins said via the Edmonton Journal.

• Haha
Reactions: GNP and hockeyarena

Whileee

May 29, 2010

"A contact of mine in Winnipeg who has knowledge of the conversations says that Adam Henrique turned down a two-year, $3.5m contract from the Winnipeg Jets at free agency this summer. Instead, he opted for the Oilers on a 2-year, $3m deal to stay in Edmonton. While $500k may not seem like a lot in an $88m cap world, that is about two thirds that of a minimum salaried player," Leavins said via the Edmonton Journal.
I'm glad the Jets didn't end up with Henrique, to be honest. I still think Namestnikov is a better 2/3 C option than Henrique (and others). He's not a big scorer but the Jets have enough scoring talent on the wings that I think Namestnikov can centre a line that drives play and provides enough scoring. Jets scored > 3 goals per 60 minutes at 5v5 when Namestnikov was on the ice, which was actually a higher scoring rate than when Scheifele was on the ice. Overall, the Jets were +13 at 5v5 when Namestnikov was on the ice. He really fits the Jets middle-6.

1725455861763.png

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm glad the Jets didn't end up with Henrique, to be honest. I still think Namestnikov is a better 2/3 C option than Henrique (and others). He's not a big scorer but the Jets have enough scoring talent on the wings that I think Namestnikov can centre a line that drives play and provides enough scoring. Jets scored > 3 goals per 60 minutes at 5v5 when Namestnikov was on the ice, which was actually a higher scoring rate than when Scheifele was on the ice. Overall, the Jets were +13 at 5v5 when Namestnikov was on the ice. He really fits the Jets middle-6.

View attachment 904966
Winnipeg's bad rep saves Chevy and the Jets again! ;)

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Chance at going back to the final with McDavid or Draisaitl or playing with this mish mash of players here is probably worth $500k per year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It does seem that at times Chevy is saved from doing things that he'd later regret.

Glad Henrique won't be blocking Lambert or some other young player with upside.

Also glad he won't be taking up most of our remaining cap space.

I would have liked to get him 3-4 years ago. Could have saved some draft picks. Now, I'm not sure he would be an upgrade on Names at 2C.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Also glad he won't be taking up most of our remaining cap space.

I would have liked to get him 3-4 years ago. Could have saved some draft picks. Now, I'm not sure he would be an upgrade on Names at 2C.
I guarantee he would have been the go to faceoff guy. Which gives the team a better chance to start with the puck. Scheif and Lowry still struggle to hit 50% consistently. Namestnikov is awful on the dot, and Lambert still has to prove himself, and could prove to be overmatched as a rookie. I can't see Gustafsson getting that many draws, though he may get a chance to win a few more defensive ones this up coming season. Kupari was good on the draw in L.A but he was all around terrible here last year. So this is going to be something to watch this season. It's not the be all end all to success, but there are times winning draws makes game situations easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I guarantee he would have been the go to faceoff guy. Which gives the team a better chance to start with the puck. Scheif and Lowry still struggle to hit 50% consistently. Namestnikov is awful on the dot, and Lambert still has to prove himself, and could prove to be overmatched as a rookie. I can't see Gustafsson getting that many draws, though he may get a chance to win a few more defensive ones this up coming season. Kupari was good on the draw in L.A but he was all around terrible here last year. So this is going to be something to watch this season. It's not the be all end all to success, but there are times winning draws makes game situations easier.
Henrique's face-off performance has increased as he's been dropped down the line up... Im not sure he's 2C material - Chevy was lucky on this one.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Henrique's face-off performance has increased as he's been dropped down the line up... Im not sure he's 2C material - Chevy was lucky on this one.
I believe he started the playoffs on 97's line, not sure if he took the majority of the draws, but quite likely...I think this is the cheap veteran versatile version of an Andrew Copp that i am not sure the Jets have replaced yet. He'll play around the lineup in Edmonton...I like that Chevy put in an offer on Henrique, smart player. I think there are only 2 centre positions locked down here so it should be an interesting TC.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ville should look good in TC playing against AHLers. He's already been that good for a while. People will be all whipped up about the things he does with the puck on his stick.

None of that matters. Ville needs to show he can play defense. He needs to show he can go into the corner and come out with it. So far teams just throw the puck in his corner, he let's them get there first and he gives them too much space. He just hopes for the puck to get moved somewhere else.

If Ville doesn’t get back first on dump ins to his side and move the puck then I don’t see him playing a meaningful role. His defense will need to pass the sniff test. Our #1 D man by a mile, Morrissey, is in the same category “size wise” as Ville yet Josh is perfectly capable of defending and physical “engagement” in the corners by using technique, body positioning, and a great active stick.

Heinola is 23 starting his draft +6 season and most guys that play in the top 4 in the NHL have made it by that time so I’m not holding my breath. Same goes for Stanley who is 26 now (3 years older than Ville) and has some flaws holding him back from being in our top 4.

The good news for both these home growns is Dillon and Nate left or were moved out so there are two open spots in our top 6. I am also expecting a normalizing of man games lost to our D core this season so there should be no shortage of opportunity “IF” either guy steps up.

Chevy brought in a few journeymen and Salomonsson will be in Winnipeg so let the competition begin.

How players seasons unfold is tough to predict but I am “hoping” one of the positive storylines involves someone taking advantage of these vacancies.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I won't dispute that. But that would not make him a more effective C than Names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad