Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I think we ultimately go 14F/7D. I think the default roster is the following:

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Zegras-McTavish-Terry
Vatrano-Strome-Fabbri
McGinn-Lundestrom-Leason
Johnston
Harkins

Fowler-Zellweger
Mintyukov-Gudas
Dumoulin-LaCombe
Vaakanainen

Dostal
Dansk

I’m pretty certain this is what we end up going with. The question is just if any of Sennecke, Gaucher, Colangelo, Nesterenko, Pysyk, Lindstrom, Luneau, or Clang can force someone out and I’m just not sure I’ve seen that so far. Maybe Pysyk or Lindstrom get a two way deal
Would like Gaucher to force Lundestrom out.
Luneau will be on the roster. Zells has been kind of invisible in the preseason.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I like Luneau's potential a lot, but he made several plays last game that were worse than anything I've seen Zellweger do in the preseason. I know the organization loves Luneau, but there's still learning that he can do at the AHL level. I don't think Zellweger has much to learn down there. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both up with the Ducks, but I would be surprised to see Luneau make the team ahead of Zellweger.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I like Luneau's potential a lot, but he made several plays last game that were worse than anything I've seen Zellweger do in the preseason. I know the organization loves Luneau, but there's still learning that he can do at the AHL level. I don't think Zellweger has much to learn down there. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both up with the Ducks, but I would be surprised to see Luneau make the team ahead of Zellweger.
Zells is an undersized d-man. If he isn’t making dynamic plays, he isn’t an NHLer. Playing safe hockey and being pushed around in the D zone isn’t his ticket to a long NHL career. Luneau is right handed, bigger, and has been driving the play on every shift this preseason.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I don't think Luneau sitting out of games is a good thing for his development. There's a good reason he's played this many preseason/rookie tourney games already.
I didnt say he is going to sit.. I meant like he needs to play.. Eventually Fowler will get traded.. Zellweger will take his place.. Leanue will play full

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
That is an enticing top-9

Cutter-Carlsson-Killorn
Vatrano-Mac-Terry
Fabbri-Z-Strome

I like Fabbri's two-way game and bite. That will lend itself well with Z-Strome. The only problem is I don't think the coaching staff will distribute minutes evenly with our top-9 b/c the top-line will get about 18+ TOI, the 2nd line will be 16+ TOI.
It gives every line a forechecking winger, which I like, especially for Z. Having Z and Terry chase Mac’s dump ins is just a recipe for an outnumbered counterattack.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think Luneau sitting out of games is a good thing for his development. There's a good reason he's played this many preseason/rookie tourney games already.
Out of the young guys I feel like luneau Mintyukov and lacombe are locks on the roster.

Vaaks is prob the #7

Zellweger is the big question,

Should he be playing in the nhl yes, but right now we dont really have a spot for him. Dumo should be on roster for pk/physicality along side some of the young guys…. I think we’re going to see a fowler trade at some point(like I’ve been saying) and we’ll end up with

Mintyukov Luneau
Lacombe gudas
Dumolin zellweger
Vaaks

Reactions: Deuce22

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Zells is an undersized d-man. If he isn’t making dynamic plays, he isn’t an NHLer. Playing safe hockey and being pushed around in the D zone isn’t his ticket to a long NHL career. Luneau is right handed, bigger, and has been driving the play on every shift this preseason.
Zellweger was good in the NHL last season and has been fine this preseason. He's been driving play as much as Luneau.

And what I haven't seen from Zellweger that I saw from Luneau last night was several egregiously bad decisions that led (or should have led) to prime scoring chances for the Utes. Luneau is going to be great. Zellweger is clearly more polished right now and is more likely to contribute positively to the team. Luneau has some things to work on in the AHL.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Zellweger was good in the NHL last season and has been fine this preseason. He's been driving play as much as Luneau.

And what I haven't seen from Zellweger that I saw from Luneau last night was several egregiously bad decisions that led (or should have led) to prime scoring chances for the Utes. Luneau is going to be great. Zellweger is clearly more polished right now and is more likely to contribute positively to the team. Luneau has some things to work on in the AHL.

I disagree, I think luneau will contribute plenty positive to the team….. but I don’t think cam is the right partner for him…. Would rather see luneau with dumo to start the season

But again I thjnk having Fowler in the line up makes things awkward across the pairings

Fowler gudas
Mintyukov lacombe
Dumo luneau

Reactions: McDonald19

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Don’t mind him on the roster if he’s playing 15 minutes a night and no special teams. But don’t trust coaches to do that. Best thing for everyone is for him to be elsewhere.
Don't think he played on either PP or PK last night, although it's preseason so who knows if that means anything.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think Mintyukov + luneau as eventual top pairing would be pretty good… both guys are pretty big, skate well…. Not afraid of physicality…. And I see them both as 2 way guys down the line.
Yeah, splitting them was more to spread them out and give each one "their" pairing. But the more I think about it, Solberg might be the perfect realistic for for Zell. Big, mean, punishing, and can play hockey. Warren and Smith are ideal partners in terms of size and style, but not ability.

Mintyukov Luneau
Solberg Zellweger
LaCombe Hinds/Warren/Moore

Too many lefties, but if we only need a bottom pairing D to fill out the pairs, we're in a good spot.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I think we ultimately go 14F/7D. I think the default roster is the following:

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Zegras-McTavish-Terry
Vatrano-Strome-Fabbri
McGinn-Lundestrom-Leason
Johnston
Harkins

Fowler-Zellweger
Mintyukov-Gudas
Dumoulin-LaCombe
Vaakanainen

Dostal
Dansk

I’m pretty certain this is what we end up going with. The question is just if any of Sennecke, Gaucher, Colangelo, Nesterenko, Pysyk, Lindstrom, Luneau, or Clang can force someone out and I’m just not sure I’ve seen that so far. Maybe Pysyk or Lindstrom get a two way deal

I dont doubt thats how it starts, but from Ive seen in pre-season so far

Gaucher ends up playing the 4th line this year after Lundy is traded
McGinn will get injured again and we could see Colangelo come up
Much better place now, it seems, to trade Fowler and get Zell and Luneau in the lineup fulltime

Sennecke looked fine to good, but he is severely undersized right now.

Nester just doesnt look like an everyday NHL player to me. I dont see his skillset fitting a 4th line and hes not good enough to push out any of the top 9.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I think he’d be gone already if anyone wanted him. The past couple of years play don’t match his AAV.
He almost scored 50 points 2 seasons ago and has averaged 44 points over the last 3 seasons on the worst offense in the league.

I get some of you guys hate him, but at worst he is overpayed by 1 mil. He is probably closer to market value at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad