Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Thats Lenueas Spot.. Let him learn through the year.. Hes got the body to maintain a whole year of NHL.
I don't think Luneau sitting out of games is a good thing for his development. There's a good reason he's played this many preseason/rookie tourney games already.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I think we ultimately go 14F/7D. I think the default roster is the following:

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Zegras-McTavish-Terry
Vatrano-Strome-Fabbri
McGinn-Lundestrom-Leason
Johnston
Harkins

Fowler-Zellweger
Mintyukov-Gudas
Dumoulin-LaCombe
Vaakanainen

Dostal
Dansk

I’m pretty certain this is what we end up going with. The question is just if any of Sennecke, Gaucher, Colangelo, Nesterenko, Pysyk, Lindstrom, Luneau, or Clang can force someone out and I’m just not sure I’ve seen that so far. Maybe Pysyk or Lindstrom get a two way deal
Would like Gaucher to force Lundestrom out.
Luneau will be on the roster. Zells has been kind of invisible in the preseason.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I like Luneau's potential a lot, but he made several plays last game that were worse than anything I've seen Zellweger do in the preseason. I know the organization loves Luneau, but there's still learning that he can do at the AHL level. I don't think Zellweger has much to learn down there. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both up with the Ducks, but I would be surprised to see Luneau make the team ahead of Zellweger.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I like Luneau's potential a lot, but he made several plays last game that were worse than anything I've seen Zellweger do in the preseason. I know the organization loves Luneau, but there's still learning that he can do at the AHL level. I don't think Zellweger has much to learn down there. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both up with the Ducks, but I would be surprised to see Luneau make the team ahead of Zellweger.
Zells is an undersized d-man. If he isn’t making dynamic plays, he isn’t an NHLer. Playing safe hockey and being pushed around in the D zone isn’t his ticket to a long NHL career. Luneau is right handed, bigger, and has been driving the play on every shift this preseason.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I don't think Luneau sitting out of games is a good thing for his development. There's a good reason he's played this many preseason/rookie tourney games already.
I didnt say he is going to sit.. I meant like he needs to play.. Eventually Fowler will get traded.. Zellweger will take his place.. Leanue will play full

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad