Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
He’s got a 4-team trade list in his contract. Not like you can just move him wherever he’s wanted.

And it was just recently it was even mentioned that he was willing to consider more than 4 teams, but its all still in his control.

At this point in his career, hes not going to accept a trade to just anywhere. Hes going to want to go to a team that has a legit chance to win. Thats not going to make it easy to get a deal done.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
And it was just recently it was even mentioned that he was willing to consider more than 4 teams, but its all still in his control.

At this point in his career, hes not going to accept a trade to just anywhere. Hes going to want to go to a team that has a legit chance to win. Thats not going to make it easy to get a deal done.
I would trade fowler to the Kings.. He stays in LA. They need D bad.. Yes he's no Doughty but he can help them. Ducks can retain alittle if it helps the kings.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I would trade fowler to the Kings.. He stays in LA. They need D bad.. Yes he's no Doughty but he can help them. Ducks can retain alittle if it helps the kings.

That is an interesting one. Trade in division, to a team we dont deal with very often.

There is a need. He wouldnt have to move his family.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He almost scored 50 points 2 seasons ago and has averaged 44 points over the last 3 seasons on the worst offense in the league.

I get some of you guys hate him, but at worst he is overpayed by 1 mil. He is probably closer to market value at the moment.
It’s more of the combination of
A) they want him
B) they have cap for him
C) he’ll waive for said team
D)can offer us whatever it is we want to return for fowler

Personally idk that I see a lot of holes on the roster right now that can be addressed via a fowler trade so futures prob makes the most sense

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I don’t see where Fowler would fit into the LA lineup at this point. They already have Anderson-Gavrikov-Edmundson on the left side.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Seems like wishful thinking in your part but you’re entitled to it.

Im not advocating for Fowler to be traded there, just saying it could be an option. I would prefer any/all our lifelong guys never goto LA.

I dont think LA would jump on it right now anyways. I think they get the season started and see how well they can cover down on Doughtys absence before looking at trades.

But, if they start to slip in the standings and have a big hole on the blueline, it could be an option for them. Question is if its an option for us or Fowler.

Reactions: tomd

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Personally idk that I see a lot of holes on the roster right now that can be addressed via a fowler trade so futures prob makes the most sense

I was thinking about that last night watching the game. D seems like we can have Zell and Luneau playing every night, in which case, we probably dont need a direct Fowler replacement there. Im still concerned with the minutes Fowler was eating being dished out to rookies but if its evenly spreadout, you may be ok.

Forwards, I dont see many holes right now. We're really just waiting on the youth to take that next step but you arent really looking to replace any of them, they need to play. And we have a few guys who will start in SD that can be brought up for 4th line roles too.

Goalies are pretty well set. Gibson being out might hurt, but Dostal can carry the load. You may want a better backup for the short term, but not necessarily what your looking for in a Fowler return.

You are most likely targeting futures.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was thinking about that last night watching the game. D seems like we can have Zell and Luneau playing every night, in which case, we probably dont need a direct Fowler replacement there. Im still concerned with the minutes Fowler was eating being dished out to rookies but if its evenly spreadout, you may be ok.

Forwards, I dont see many holes right now. We're really just waiting on the youth to take that next step but you arent really looking to replace any of them, they need to play. And we have a few guys who will start in SD that can be brought up for 4th line roles too.

Goalies are pretty well set. Gibson being out might hurt, but Dostal can carry the load. You may want a better backup for the short term, but not necessarily what your looking for in a Fowler return.

You are most likely targeting futures.
The holes I do see… would require making more moves.

Could we have a better 3c than strome, Possibly but if we add that player then we’re looking to trade strome, or move him down the line up… which the kicks others out of the line up.

Right now I think you let the young guys continue to develop…. And have guys like gudas dumolin fabbri killorn Vatrano and strome kinda assist them as vets.

I think getting futures allows us to make trades to address needs later on when we are more confident those moves are what we need to take a next step

Reactions: robbieboy3686

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
He almost scored 50 points 2 seasons ago and has averaged 44 points over the last 3 seasons on the worst offense in the league.

I get some of you guys hate him, but at worst he is overpayed by 1 mil. He is probably closer to market value at the moment.
I don’t think our GM will be to greedy with finding the perfect deal for cam. My guess, we all will be ok with what we get for cam, and hope he thrives in a more ready to win now team. He gets dealt sooner than later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad