2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
Everyone harping about our goalies drives me crazy. Errsson is well below a save percentage of .900
Fedotov has played what 10 games in the nhl?
And Kolosov sure is lighting up the AHL.
Stabilize the D first then we shall see what happens in goal

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I think he wants to move Hathaway up b/c Flyers don't go to the net and set screens for dirty goals.
Couts did so and that resulted in two PP goals.
But they rarely have a man in front of the net 5x5, which means lots of easy saves.

Hathaway has speed and size, concrete hands but he's not afraid to mix it up in front of the net.

The real problem is the forward group is undersized:

Couts, Foerster, Hathaway and Tippett are the only full sized forwards.
Foerster has potential in that role, but is inexperienced.
Tippett plays "small," relies on his speed and shot and doesn't use his body on a regular basis.
Couts has always been more of a finesse guy on offense.

Deslauriers has the size and grit for the role, but he's a liability in any other role, so if you dress him, it should primarily be for O-zone faceoffs where he goes to the net.

Gauither has the size for that role, but I think he'll end up similar to Tippett, a big shooting forward who doesn't spend a lot of time in the dirty areas. You only need one "Tippett."
Hathaway does not help the top 6 score goals.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I think he wants to move Hathaway up b/c Flyers don't go to the net and set screens for dirty goals.
But they rarely have a man in front of the net 5x5, which means lots of easy saves.

Hathaway has speed and size, concrete hands but he's not afraid to mix it up in front of the net.

Tippett plays "small," relies on his speed and shot and doesn't use his body on a regular basis.

Deslauriers has the size and grit for the role, but he's a liability in any other role, so if you dress him, it should primarily be for O-zone faceoffs where he goes to the net.

Gauither has the size for that role, but I think he'll end up similar to Tippett, a big shooting forward who doesn't spend a lot of time in the dirty areas. You only need one "Tippett."
You also forgot to add just not that good. GH should never ever in any kind of weather play a top 6 role.

Those lines scream that the HC’s job does not depend on winning games
Or maybe Torts wants out while still collects his cash.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If I were defending the Flyers, I'd have my D-men focus on the passing lanes and let them shoot away from a distance - without screens those shots have almost no chance of succeeding.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Everyone harping about our goalies drives me crazy. Errsson is well below a save percentage of .900
Fedotov has played what 10 games in the nhl?
And Kolosov sure is lighting up the AHL.
Stabilize the D first then we shall see what happens in goal
No defense can fix that giant 5-hole on Fedotov

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
If Michkov is 160 lbs, then my ass is a banjo.
23068415.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Size is not remotely the problem. They could all be 6'9" and they'd still be getting throttled.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hathaway does not help the top 6 score goals.

I can't even figure out how Hathaway setting screens is supposed to help make more goals with their playstyle. They keep the puck in the same half of the ice overall. The goalie knows where everyone is. There is not going to be any sudden shift where opposing goalies have to take stock of Flyers locations and manage it while having sight impaired. All it would do is get Hathaway hit by shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad