2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Where could one quite easily find top talent.

Hmmmm:laugh:

As far as Couturier goes… Player is cool, contract was not. I’ve bitched about that enough at the time.

It’s so odd to start forming a narrative against him, and your new captain.

He’s going to be the guy they focus the smear campaign increasingly so on. All to take away attention from the failures of management, and Torts.

One can feel it. Giroux. Jake. Hayes. Cutter.

Is there another org that does this more?

Last edited:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Said in postgame, lose the Habs game and we could get to double digit losing streak.

A "REBUILDING" team playing Poheling as 1 C should get Torts fired.
A "Playoff Team" playing Poheling as 1 C should get Torts fired.

Deppe down even the 2 Torts fan boys here cant defend this seriously.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Where could one quite easily find top talent.

Hmmmm:laugh:

As far as Couturier goes… Player is cool, contract was not. I’ve bitched about that enough at the time.

It’s so odd to start forming a narrative against him, and your new captain.

He’s going to be the guy they focus the smear campaign increasingly so on. All to take away attention from the failures of management, and Torts.

One can feel it. Giroux. Jake. Hayes. Cutter.

Is there another org that does this more?

Re-signing guys like Couturier, Sanheim, & Konecny in their late 20’s with middle to terrible teams were the path of the least resistance for this organization which is always the path they hammer down. We’re paying for with Couturier for sure now, Sanheim might be getting there soon, & Konecny it’s still fresh.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Re-signing guys like Couturier, Sanheim, & Konecny in their late 20’s with middle to terrible teams were the path of the least resistance for this organization which is always the path they hammer down. We’re paying for with Couturier for sure now, Sanheim might be getting there soon, & Konecny it’s still fresh.

Sanheim I think will have value either way. He’s been fairly durable, and the style of play doesn’t scream like he should be breaking down - even though the miles are technically there.

TK I’ve got concerns about. You’re wanting him to play a prime age Gallagher/Arvidsson style to make the contract worth it. Time will tell.

I’d bounce out of Farabee ASAP if his production stabilizes any doubts of his trade value. It’s just a personal thing but I fear extensions with questions around health. They can’t extend Joel imo.

It would be a smart move to try to salvage value out of Drysdale as well, but I’m not sure that can be done.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
So it's a blended "synthetic goals" stat built from his personal models for 5v5 shots, PP/PK shots, xGF and impact on penalties drawn/taken?

I have no idea what to think of that.
It’s a good model, similar to an xGAR/GAR. But it’s a little bit different….THERE IS ALSO ONLY 5 GAMES! All this stat talk is just flat out moot (not specifically directed at you)

Reactions: Juicy Pop

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Buffalo missed the playoffs 13 STRAIGHT SEASONS (and I was told making the playoffs was no big deal).
And they'll probably miss this season as well.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Anybody order a #1 center Poehling jersey yet?
Well, he's playing better than Frost, who's supposed to be our 1C.
Frost is getting the most minutes, has the best wingers, yet he's off to an awful start.

At some point the excuses run out, time for him to step up and produce.

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, he's playing better than Frost, who's supposed to be our 1C.
Frost is getting the most minutes, has the best wingers, yet he's off to an awful start.

At some point the excuses run out, time for him to step up and produce.
Poehling is playing better? Lmao. Lay off the sauce dude. Torts hates Frost. That's why he keeps taking Michkov off his line. Wouldn't want those too getting any chemistry.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Poehling is playing better? Lmao. Lay off the sauce dude. Torts hates Frost. That's why he keeps taking Michkov off his line. Wouldn't want those too getting any chemistry.
Oh come off it, Frost gets the best wings, he got them last year as well.
Michkov 36 minutes (22 away from Frost)
Tippett 30
TK 24
Foerster 10

People keep making excuses for him, but this inconsistency has plagued him the last three years.
He's not a 1C, but he needs to be more consistent as a 2C.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Oh come off it, Frost gets the best wings, he got them last year as well.
Michkov 36 minutes (22 away from Frost)
Tippett 30
TK 24
Foerster 10

People keep making excuses for him, but this inconsistency has plagued him the last three years.
He's not a 1C, but he needs to be more consistent as a 2C.

His 2nd most common linemate at 5v5 last year was Cam Atkinson. :laugh:

1Cs are the only consistent ones. That’s what makes them 1Cs. Middle 6 guys are inconsistent. The way people talk about consistency makes it sound like a fetish.

Reactions: mize370

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Wilkes Barre
I just see it as a tiny bucket of mid-6 to bot-6 centers who all benefit from the decent pool of wingers that this team has to complement them.

They all have some merits that push their game in one way or another, but there is no standout, reliable pivot that can set the tempo for their line. They are, at their best, minimally detractive elements of a line.

It's like playing competitive Tetris with mangled pieces, whereas some teams just have game-breaking pieces that break the board.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad